Non Catholic Christians & the Eucharist

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESMDHokie77
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ESMDHokie77

Guest
Hey CAF!,

Can non Catholic Christians get blessed instead of receiving the Sacrament? Obviously they can’t receive, that much I know… but can they walk up with us Catholics, have their hands crossed over their chest, and get blessed by the eucharistic ministers?

I can see arguments for both yes and no, am looking for help! Thanks!!

Peace,
Phil
 
Hey CAF!,

Can non Catholic Christians get blessed instead of receiving the Sacrament? Obviously they can’t receive, that much I know… but can they walk up with us Catholics, have their hands crossed over their chest, and get blessed by the eucharistic ministers?

I can see arguments for both yes and no, am looking for help! Thanks!!

Peace,
Phil
Hi.

There may be a forum moratorium on this topic, so it can’t be discussed.

For some insight, however, see the Sticky Topic on this subject. God bless.
 
wow, I’m blind… I’ll pay better attention to stickys…

Sorry CAF.

Peace,
Phil
 
Hey CAF!,

Can non Catholic Christians get blessed instead of receiving the Sacrament? Obviously they can’t receive, that much I know… but can they walk up with us Catholics, have their hands crossed over their chest, and get blessed by the eucharistic ministers?

I can see arguments for both yes and no, am looking for help! Thanks!!

Peace,
Phil
I didn’t see a moratorium on this topic, but the sticky does answer it all. The church has said that
 
I didn’t see a moratorium on this topic, but the sticky does answer it all. The church has said that people not able to receive communion should not receive a blessing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top