G
GodHeals
Guest
Hi,
I am just looking for moral support and also to have a few of my blue highlighted statements / questions answered. Sorry this message is so convoluted. I am trying to find where I stand on this serious issue. I have somewhat been on both sides of the argument it seems and wondering what is TRUTH. I posted the quotes below in a separate post.
God Bless You,
Brian
Little History about ME:
I now lean towards the conservative side of the exception being made for Orthodox believers, and in rare cases, all other Christians. I was raised Catholic (completed all sacraments), eventually called myself and evangelical Protestant and attended a non-denominational church (ecclesial community as i read it now), but still did most of the sacraments, and believed in THIS IS MY BODY and IS MY BLOOD, but not transubstantiation, so not to have to be Catholic. I wasn’t ready to receive the Catholic Church on my own. Now i am in RCIA, by faith (in the year of faith, “incidentally”) with still many questions, being received as a revert / re-dedication into the Catholic faith. I do believe in transubstantiation, even though i am not sure if that really had any bearing on my decision, it was more the word i had to deny in order to deny the Priesthood or something, so i could still receive communion and not be Catholic. This probably caused some scandal, may God forgive me… My intellectual inabilities and lack of faith has kept me from the One Church.
I am not in RCIA and it seems that some teachers say OK for non-catholics to receive communion if the conditions are met below, and seem to take those conditions lightly, and another teacher says not OK (was separate night teachings). I have slowly been becoming more conservative, but it is frustrating that now that I am trying to get away from what i think is liberal teaching to have some people teaching liberally, even though they don’t call themselves liberal. I don’t want to cause Church division, so i am not bringing it up to the other teaching persons that i told the more conservative teacher what they said about it being OK to receive communion before becoming fully Catholic. I really think this confused the RCIA class, if they caught it. It seems i am the only one asking questions and speaking up in the small class of about 8 or so participants. I feel like i am suppose to respect those in leadership, but have a hard time when some don’t speak the Truth that the Magisterium teaches (at least what i think the Magisterium teaches)…
I read there are 4 conditions that must be met for a non-Catholic to receive communion (i think 3 are listed below?), but find it hard to believe they can be met by most if any people, if not only by invincible ignorance, maybe like me?!?
I heard from a Catholic Priest awhile back that communion is not a means to bring about unity, but a means of unity. “and for the cause itself of the promotion of unity.” → This statement from below is not meaning to promote unity. I just want to make sure i am reading the below correctly.
Lastly, Why would Pope John Paul II give Tony Blair communion by Pope John Paul II? It seems he (and others) must have met the criteria below and in the Canon Law
I am just looking for moral support and also to have a few of my blue highlighted statements / questions answered. Sorry this message is so convoluted. I am trying to find where I stand on this serious issue. I have somewhat been on both sides of the argument it seems and wondering what is TRUTH. I posted the quotes below in a separate post.
God Bless You,
Brian
Little History about ME:
I now lean towards the conservative side of the exception being made for Orthodox believers, and in rare cases, all other Christians. I was raised Catholic (completed all sacraments), eventually called myself and evangelical Protestant and attended a non-denominational church (ecclesial community as i read it now), but still did most of the sacraments, and believed in THIS IS MY BODY and IS MY BLOOD, but not transubstantiation, so not to have to be Catholic. I wasn’t ready to receive the Catholic Church on my own. Now i am in RCIA, by faith (in the year of faith, “incidentally”) with still many questions, being received as a revert / re-dedication into the Catholic faith. I do believe in transubstantiation, even though i am not sure if that really had any bearing on my decision, it was more the word i had to deny in order to deny the Priesthood or something, so i could still receive communion and not be Catholic. This probably caused some scandal, may God forgive me… My intellectual inabilities and lack of faith has kept me from the One Church.
I am not in RCIA and it seems that some teachers say OK for non-catholics to receive communion if the conditions are met below, and seem to take those conditions lightly, and another teacher says not OK (was separate night teachings). I have slowly been becoming more conservative, but it is frustrating that now that I am trying to get away from what i think is liberal teaching to have some people teaching liberally, even though they don’t call themselves liberal. I don’t want to cause Church division, so i am not bringing it up to the other teaching persons that i told the more conservative teacher what they said about it being OK to receive communion before becoming fully Catholic. I really think this confused the RCIA class, if they caught it. It seems i am the only one asking questions and speaking up in the small class of about 8 or so participants. I feel like i am suppose to respect those in leadership, but have a hard time when some don’t speak the Truth that the Magisterium teaches (at least what i think the Magisterium teaches)…
I read there are 4 conditions that must be met for a non-Catholic to receive communion (i think 3 are listed below?), but find it hard to believe they can be met by most if any people, if not only by invincible ignorance, maybe like me?!?
I heard from a Catholic Priest awhile back that communion is not a means to bring about unity, but a means of unity. “and for the cause itself of the promotion of unity.” → This statement from below is not meaning to promote unity. I just want to make sure i am reading the below correctly.
Lastly, Why would Pope John Paul II give Tony Blair communion by Pope John Paul II? It seems he (and others) must have met the criteria below and in the Canon Law
