P
purplesunshine
Guest
First, I’m not talking “non-traditional” as in gay or whatnot. I’m talking non-traditional people such as friends who are like additional family members.
In my teen years (and now in my single life) I have a few friends that I consider family and can’t think of not having in my life if I do ever get married.
Friend A- an entire family I consider them uncle/aunt and cousins. They live far away…and I send them gifts, talk on facebook, etc.
Friend B- a nun…she’s my second mom
Friend C- a single guy who’s like an uncle
Friend D- a married woman with a husband and son I don’t know well…she’s like an aunt.
These people are important to me especially considering the way my necular family acts.
I was just wondering how people carried their “non-traditional” friendships into marriage or dating lives. Do you integrate them in as realitives and accept them as such?
What happens to your “not a peer” single friends…weather they be older or younger (like a big brother/little brother sort of deal). Does gender still come into play?
In my teen years (and now in my single life) I have a few friends that I consider family and can’t think of not having in my life if I do ever get married.
Friend A- an entire family I consider them uncle/aunt and cousins. They live far away…and I send them gifts, talk on facebook, etc.
Friend B- a nun…she’s my second mom
Friend C- a single guy who’s like an uncle
Friend D- a married woman with a husband and son I don’t know well…she’s like an aunt.
These people are important to me especially considering the way my necular family acts.
I was just wondering how people carried their “non-traditional” friendships into marriage or dating lives. Do you integrate them in as realitives and accept them as such?
What happens to your “not a peer” single friends…weather they be older or younger (like a big brother/little brother sort of deal). Does gender still come into play?