North Korea Jails, Executes Anyone Who Owns a Bible

• Thread starter Thread starter End_Timer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

End_Timer

North Korea Jails, Executes Anyone Who Owns a Bible, Shocking New Report Says
A new report by a human rights watchdog details horrific violations of religious freedom within North Korea, including citizens brutally tortured for converting to Christianity and individuals publicly executed for owning a Bible.
The 98-page report by the London-based Korea Future Initiative was released this month and based on 117 interviews with survivors, witnesses and perpetrators of the abuses. All total, 273 victims of religious freedom violations were identified, including 215 involving Christians and 56 from followers of shamanism.

The authors said the report’s goal was to provide an accurate account of religious freedom violations for decision-makers within the international community.
Christianity is illegal in North Korea. Citizens are told to treat the supreme leader, Kim Jong-un, as a god. Among the religious freedom violations detailed in the report:
  • A government official was shot and killed at an airfield, in front of a crowd, for possession of a Bible. Public executions “were designed to instill fear into crowds who had been summoned” and forced to attend.
  • A Christian was tied to a wooden stake at a public market and executed by a firing squad for possession of a Bible. A witness said, “I saw the flesh fall off. That is how close I was.”

So incredibly sad. I used to read stories like this and think these types of persecution were so far away. I’m not so sure anymore.

Do they have proof of this? I hope it is not true!!
How awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back