Not 100 percent

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cmc1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cmc1

Guest
I tried to find I faith I could relate to all life now 45 ish and the Catholic is the most I found I believe in all the major the rules and cannon law but some I don’t ( i married with children there over age 20 ) on condoms and gays I’m not sure on I don’t think been gay is wrong and using condoms is wrong can with these views can I still become Catholic
 
Last edited:
Pray to God for guidance and start discerning why contraception and sex outside marriage, and single sex marriage is not condoned by the church.

Being homosexual itself is not a sin. The sin is in sex outside marriage and in same sex marriage. Homosexuals themselves are called to live a life of chastity, just as single heterosexuals are.
 
As Catholics, we believe that it is immoral to take a natural instrument created by God and use it for unnatural purposes. If you were a watchmaker that created a watch, you would say that it is good if it tells the correct time. If it does not tell the correct time, as it was designed to do, you would say that it is bad. Just as God created everything good, they only remain good if we do not pervert their intended design and purpose. If procreation is consciously blocked, we are perverting what is natural and good. Procreation, which should be done only within the sacramental confines of matrimony, is reduced through contraception from being unitive, covenantal and life-giving, to that of a selfish and destructive act. It is a hallmark of the Culture of Death.

Gen 1:28, 9:1,7; 35:11 - The Lord God commands us to be fruitful and multiply.

Gen. 38:8-10 - Onan is slain by God for practicing contraception.

Lev 18:22-23; 20:13 - Wasting seed with non-generative sexual acts brings the judgment of death.

Deut. 23:1 - Whoever is castrated cannot enter the assembly. Contraception is contrary to moral and natural law.

1Cor. 7:5 - Married couples should not refuse each other except by agreement, naturally. Natural Family Planning .

Rom 1:26-27 - Sexual acts without the possibility of procreation is sinful.

“Because of its divine institution for the propagation of man, the seed is not to be vainly ejaculated, nor is it to be damaged, nor is it to be wasted”… “To have coitus other than to procreate children is to do injury to nature.”
St. Clement of Alexandria, The Instructor of Children (A.D. 191)

“Women who were reputed to be believers began to take drugs to render themselves sterile, and to bind themselves tightly so as to expel what was being conceived, since they would not, on account of relatives and excess wealth, want to have a child by a slave or by any insignificant person. See, then, into what great impiety that lawless one has proceeded, by teaching adultery and murder at the same time!”
St. Hippolytus of Rome, Refutation of All Heresies (A.D. ~215)
 
tried to find I faith I could relate to all life now 45 ish and the Catholic is the most I found I believe in all the major the rules and cannon law but some I don’t ( i married with children there over age 20 ) on condoms and gays I’m not sure on I don’t think been gay is wrong and using condoms is wrong can with these views can I still become Catholic
PS - Canon law … Incredible that one could claim to know Canon Law…

Anyhow, At best you’d be considered as Not Being in Full Communion with the Catholic Church.

Which in essence is really not Catholic
 
Last edited:
I tried to find I faith I could relate to all life now 45 ish and the Catholic is the most I found I believe in all the major the rules and cannon law but some I don’t ( i married with children there over age 20 ) on condoms and gays I’m not sure on I don’t think been gay is wrong and using condoms is wrong can with these views can I still become Catholic
Ain’t none of us perfect. Many don’t agree with everything the Church teaches. If you believe Jesus is the Son of God come in to Mother Church & be open to the Holy Spirit.
 
Homosexuality and condoms are two branches of the same tree = Detaching sex from procreation
 
Homosexuality and condoms are two branches of the same tree = Detaching sex from procreation
And no matter anyone’s opinion,
Scriptures and Church Teachings are very firm re: Active Homosexuality…
as being very Grave Sins…

_
 
How does flagging work? The poster posted something, I agreed and it was removed. But the poster’s post is still there?
 
How does flagging work? The poster posted something, I agreed and it was removed. But the poster’s post is still there?
Did you “flag” the post, or “like” the post? There are limits on how many likes you can give in a 24 hour period.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top