R
Redbandito
Guest
God does not have a “favorite denomination.” God has one Church. The rest of the churches, while sharing in some of this truth, have separated themselves from this Church. Thus, it is not merely that God favors Catholics over Protestants, but that God established His Church through the Apostles that was and remains Universal (Catholic).Just to make sure I understand…are you claiming that God does have a favorite denomination, and it just happens to be yours?
I have long felt that claim was implicit in Catholic theology, but this is the first time I have heard it stated explicitely.
All that I can say is that when I examine the churches in the small city near which I live, I see no evidence that any of them (let alone yours and certainly not mine) have the inside edge with the Lord Jesus Christ. Instead, I see a flawed bunch of local assemblies trying to do the will of Christ as they individually discern it.
And while there are “flawed local assemblies” even amongst Catholics, the deposit of faith entrusted and protected by the Magisterium remains perfect and infallibly protected by the HS. Thus, any local parishoner that questions something a priest said can be officially corrected by the Official teaching of the RCC, the guardian of the Word of God.