Not quite sure if this should go here

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tiffany_M_S
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tiffany_M_S

Guest
7:15am, Monday, July 30th, 2012
(7-30-'12)

I am writing this because I am thoroughly frustrated with the world that I live in, and the fact that there are very few Catholics my age in my home-town that aren’t married.

Hello. My name is Tiffany, and I am twenty-seven years old. Yes, I have been on here before, for those of you that remember me, and there is a possibility that I have complained about this before: there are no Catholic men in my town!

I’m telling you, it has me climbing the walls, because I long for the companionship of someone who can bring me closer to God, to not only teach me His ways, but to like me, just for me, just for who I am. All I am asking is for a nice, decent man, somewhere around twenty-five to thirty whom I can have a decent conversation with, and perhaps, eventually fall in love with and marry.

Really, is that so much to ask? I don’t think so. But that’s the problem! And I haven’t found a Catholic dating site whose rates aren’t sky-high.

In any case, no matter what happens, it’s going to be nothing short of a miracle for me to find what I’m looking for.
 
7:15am, Monday, July 30th, 2012
(7-30-'12)

I am writing this because I am thoroughly frustrated with the world that I live in, and the fact that there are very few Catholics my age in my home-town that aren’t married.

Hello. My name is Tiffany, and I am twenty-seven years old. Yes, I have been on here before, for those of you that remember me, and there is a possibility that I have complained about this before: there are no Catholic men in my town!

I’m telling you, it has me climbing the walls, because I long for the companionship of someone who can bring me closer to God, to not only teach me His ways, but to like me, just for me, just for who I am. All I am asking is for a nice, decent man, somewhere around twenty-five to thirty whom I can have a decent conversation with, and perhaps, eventually fall in love with and marry.

Really, is that so much to ask? I don’t think so. But that’s the problem! And I haven’t found a Catholic dating site whose rates aren’t sky-high.

In any case, no matter what happens, it’s going to be nothing short of a miracle for me to find what I’m looking for.
You might have some luck on some of the Catholic sites but the longer you wait the harder it gets to find someone. In my 30s I had plenty of dates from online but when I turned 40 that went to 0. So if you want to do it do it now. Ava Maria has a lifetime membership that is pricey but you only have to pay it one. You might also try joining some clubs and and social groups but it’s no guarantee either. All you can really do it put yourself out there.
 
is it possible for you to move to an area where there is more available Catholic men and are you willing to move? If you are in an area with limited choices, you may have to do this.
 
We are all looking for just that. You are not alone or unique in this desire.

Here is a conversation I recently had with a friend that may encourage you. She said she wanted to find her perfect man. I responded with adoration times at the nearby church :). She thought I was saying she should be a nun!

“haha, I didn’t consider you would take it that way. I forget that some people think of marriage to Christ as being particular to nuns. It’s not limited to sisters. Indeed it is not limited to women but is a reality in the whole church. This reality is expressed every time we receive the Eucharist. If a man does not first find his fulfillment in Christ then he will never find it in a relationship. Further, if a man does not first find peace in Christ, he will never be able to find or maintain an authentic marriage. Do I think you should be a nun? I think that finding your fulfillment in Christ is the obvious first step regardless of your direction.”

I bring this up because this: “I long for the companionship of someone who can bring me closer to God, to not only teach me His ways, but to like me, just for me, just for who I am. All I am asking is for a nice, decent man, somewhere around twenty-five to thirty whom I can have a decent conversation with, and perhaps, eventually fall in love with and marry.” is a perfect description of what we find in Christ.

In DC there are many great Catholic people, but I believe that even if you moved here and found the best of men, you would find that even he could not fulfill you. Spend more time in adoration.
 
I vote we all get together and go on a mission to find all the decent Catholic men we can! Sometimes I wish I could just hop in the car and go from town to town doing this, seriously. :takeoff:
 
I vote we all get together and go on a mission to find all the decent Catholic men we can! Sometimes I wish I could just hop in the car and go from town to town doing this, seriously. :takeoff:
Perhaps we can all meet at the geographic centre of North America?

-Byrnwiga
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top