Not sure if I am being scrupulous or if I am just making excuses

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pray_The_Rosary1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pray_The_Rosary1

Guest
Here is my situation: I have been diagnosed with OCD so I know that I have scruples. Sometimes I get pretty concerned on whether or not I have committed a mortal and to make things worse I also worry about me just using scrupulosity as an excuse to not confess a certain sin.

Help is appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Here is my situation: I have been diagnosed with OCD so I know that I have scruples. Sometimes I get pretty concerned on whether or not I have committed a mortal and to make things worse I also worry about me just using scrupulosity as an excuse to not confess a certain sin.

Help is appreciated!
Six forms of OCD have been identified:
  • Checking
  • Contamination
  • Mental Contamination
  • Hoarding (but not all hoarding is OCD)
  • Ruminations
  • Intrusive Thoughts
 
Last edited:
EDIT: Best advice is what the others have said already.

There has to be intention to commit mortal sin. So if your wondering if it was mortal then it might not be, but it isnt bad to just go to confess.

I kind of have the same issue, I like to confess alot, although saying this might be scrupulous isnt an excuse. Examine your conscious honestly and offer it up to the Lord. Go through the ten commandments, if you break them, go to confession. We know when we commit mortal sin.

52 times a year is my cup of tea, but we cant be anxious always wondering what is and what isnt mortal sin because we all fall eventually. What helps me is after confessing my sins, I tell the father, " for any other sins I do not remember or forgotten please forgive me Father". Works everytime. Be at peace, pray, and dont worry. Hope I helped a bit 🙂
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top