E
Eucharisted
Guest
Novena for the Pope:
Our Father, 3 Hail Marys, Glory be.
V: Let us pray for our Pope Benedict.
R: May the Lord preserve him, and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies.
V. Thou art Peter,
R. And upon this Rock, I will build My Church.
Let us Pray,
Almighty and everlasting God, have mercy upon your servant, Benedict, our Sovereign Pontiff, and guide him in your goodness on the way of eternal salvation; so that, with the prompting of your grace, he may desire what pleases you and accomplish it with all his strength. Through Christ Our Lord. R. Amen.
Why dose the novena include this pray to the Holy Father?V. Mother of the Church. R. Pray for us
V. St. Peter. R. Pray for us
V. Thou art Peter,
R. And upon this Rock, I will build My Church.
I don’t understand.