F
FMLJoliecouer
Guest
Here I go again…please everyone …have patience with me…
My story in a nutshell for people who are new to my life story…
I was baptized RC, adopted out of the faith…and started going to the Catholic Church early this year. I live with a man who is the father of our second child. We never married, and I am not available to marry because I never divorced my first husband. We had a child together also. It has never bothered me that we are not married until I let Jesus into my heart and started to want to please God…my partner and I stopped having marital relations months ago and we are both good with it…He is 63 and I am 43.
I have been feeling pressured to take care of things so as to marry my partner from the priest and my spiritual advisor, and I was going along with it, however I truly feel in my heart that we should live together as brother and sister and he is fine either way. Even if we did marry eventually it would not be valid I would be feeling that I was doing it just to become a member of the Catholic Church.
If I say to my priest I am living together with this man, whom I love, and do not feel I am to marry, but live together as brother and sister, I dont see the problem with becoming confirmed, after a confession of course.
Naturally, I have not been receiving communion as many at church know I am not married to the man I’m living with. I do not feel this is fair either, if I go to confession.
My question…how do I make my priest understand all this…he practically insists I get a divorce , anulment and get re-married…I feel this is against my conscience…
ps I have been also going to the RCIA, but only the inquiry stage…I cannot continue though as I thought I should wait unitl my anulment went through, after the divorce and then get re-married. But since I do not feel I should have to go through with this to become confirmed and receive communion…perhaps I should continue with the classes, as this week they are starting the catecism classes.
Thats all for now.
My story in a nutshell for people who are new to my life story…
I was baptized RC, adopted out of the faith…and started going to the Catholic Church early this year. I live with a man who is the father of our second child. We never married, and I am not available to marry because I never divorced my first husband. We had a child together also. It has never bothered me that we are not married until I let Jesus into my heart and started to want to please God…my partner and I stopped having marital relations months ago and we are both good with it…He is 63 and I am 43.
I have been feeling pressured to take care of things so as to marry my partner from the priest and my spiritual advisor, and I was going along with it, however I truly feel in my heart that we should live together as brother and sister and he is fine either way. Even if we did marry eventually it would not be valid I would be feeling that I was doing it just to become a member of the Catholic Church.
If I say to my priest I am living together with this man, whom I love, and do not feel I am to marry, but live together as brother and sister, I dont see the problem with becoming confirmed, after a confession of course.
Naturally, I have not been receiving communion as many at church know I am not married to the man I’m living with. I do not feel this is fair either, if I go to confession.
My question…how do I make my priest understand all this…he practically insists I get a divorce , anulment and get re-married…I feel this is against my conscience…
ps I have been also going to the RCIA, but only the inquiry stage…I cannot continue though as I thought I should wait unitl my anulment went through, after the divorce and then get re-married. But since I do not feel I should have to go through with this to become confirmed and receive communion…perhaps I should continue with the classes, as this week they are starting the catecism classes.
Thats all for now.