P
Psalter
Guest
One could always read the Confraternity Bible, which is basically an updated DR and is translated from the Vulgate. It has been out of print since the 1960s, for the most part. I think the New Testament is still published and can be ordered online (such as on EWTN’s religious catalogue), and a publisher in the Philippines publishes the entire Confraternity Bible. It might be easier to find a used edition.The Douay-Rheims isn’t for everybody. I personally get the most out of any Bible with the Douay-Rheims. I don’t know much Latin to read the Vulgate yet or else I would be reading that (Clementine not Nova Vulgata). The Jerusalem isn’t that bad, I personally didn’t care for the Psalms in the the Jerusalem Bible. It’s good that you read different versions. I have different versions myself for comparative purposes. I also use the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which is also a useful reference. I however, don’t care for the RSV-CE and since it is used for scripture in the CCC I end up looking the scripture passages in the Douay-Rheims.
Baronius Press is supposed to be putting out the Knox Translation of the Bible later this year, which has been out of print for a while, and I’m excited about that…I have a worn Knox New Testament and enjoy reading it, though it’s a looser translation and I wouldn’t make it my primary Bible.