F
friendlyperson
Guest
Is nudity in videos always pornography? Is it always a mortal sin to watch a video containing nudity? When is nudity actually considered pornography?
Last edited:
Consider Delacrolix’ painting, “Liberty Leading the People.” It depicts Liberty with an exposed breast. Is that pornographic? I would say no.Nudity is not bad in and of itself. Our bodies are holy, they are in the image and likeness of God and are temples of the Holy Spirit. Our bodies are beautiful and made to be beautiful. But this beauty should be viewed in the right context
I would say you are dead right.This makes sense. So whether someone is guilty of the sin of pornography depends on his or her intention behind watching it?
It is hard to define the difference, but usually you know.I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description [“hard-core pornography”], and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it , and the motion picture involved in this case is not that.