J
Joseph_DiBari
Guest
I’m having a little trouble phrasing my question. Basically, can one be guilty of a mortal sin by intention, and by deliberately placing themselves in bad circumstances / near occasions of sin? Let’s say I wanted to commit a sin against purity, or maybe an act of revenge against someone, and let’s say I planned it and orchestrated things to that effect but stopped almost at the last second due to conscience as well as a knowledge of the future guilt and inconvenience which would be added to my life. How much sin would I be guilty of? Is it possible to commit a mortal sin of desire, basically, by wallowing in bad thoughts and plans? I have had some people tell me it is simply a matter of resisting temptation, and therefore a virtuous thing, and others tell me that in such a situation I am guilty of the mortal sin because I probably fully intended to commit the sin until the last minute when i changed my mind. Sorry if this seems convoluted or if this question has been asked before, I am grateful for any advice offered