Odd? Trump appoints speechwriter fired for attending conference with white nationalists to commission that preserves Holocaust memorials

• Thread starter Thread starter toabb
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toabb

Rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper…

WASHINGTON — A former speechwriter fired from the White House in 2018 for attending a conference at which white supremacists were also present has been appointed to a commission tasked with preserving Holocaust-related sites across Europe.

The former speechwriter, Darren Beattie, will join the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad, according to a press release sent by the White House on Tuesday evening.

“Huge honor and responsibility!” Beattie tweeted the day after the announcement was made. He did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

The appointment comes shortly after Beattie, in comments made on Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s show, compared supposed efforts to oust President Trump to the “color revolutions” that defeated authoritarian leaders across Eastern Europe. Beattie said those efforts were being engineered by Norm Eisen, an ethics attorney who served in the Obama administration. As he described the case against Eisen, Carlson cut Beattie off, thus concluding the segment.

Beattie has also suggested that George Soros was behind attempts to remove Trump from office, though the financier and philanthropist’s efforts constitute little more than the kind of ordinary political contributions that both sides routinely engage in.

more… Trump appoints speechwriter fired for attending conference with white nationalists to commission that preserves Holocaust memorials

attending a conference at which white supremacists were also present
Do we need to do purity tests of other attendees at conferences we attend?

Was it a pro-white-supremacy conference?

Unless I’m totally missing it, I can’t find the name of the conference?

I did see where he was involved in controversy.

I’m not saying he didn’t do it, I’m just saying I can’t find it.

ADL’s Cancel of White House Heritage Commission Pick Met with Pushback​

By David Israel – November 19, 2020

Beattie was fired in 2018 from his job as a speechwriter for the Trump administration in a guilt-by-association response to the revelation that in 2016 he had appeared on a panel with Peter Brimelow, the founder of VDare, an American website focusing on opposition to immigration to the United States. The website is reportedly associated with white supremacy, white nationalism, and the alt-right.

Beattie told the NY Times in response that “the ADL pretends to be an organization that protects Jews, but it really exists to protect Democrats**. As a Jewish Trump supporter,** I consider it an honor to be attacked by the far-left ADL and its disgraced leader, Jonathan Greenblatt.”

On his Twitter account, Beattie posted: “This is disgusting. The ADL is truly the enemy of the people. Makes me want to vomit just thinking of the disgraced Jonathan Greenlatt. YUCK!!!”

Calling V-Dare “white nationalists” is a bit iffy, the guy himself appears to be Jewish I guess.
Beattie also retweeted Jack Posobiec’s post showing Greenblatt appearing on the MSNBC show hosted by Al Sharpton, with the caption: “In 1991, Al Sharpton instigated a three-day riot against the Hasidic residents of Brooklyn’s Crown Heights neighborhood, in which a Jewish student was killed. Today, the ADL partners with him.”

Last edited:
Do we need to do purity tests of other attendees at conferences we attend?

Was it a pro-white-supremacy conference?
Did Trump accuse Cruz’s father of being involved in the JFK assassination because of something where the elder Cruz was in attendance?

I blew this stuff off when I saw it. It was an obvious guilt by association fallacy.
Read what the poster above linked. The Mencken Club is itself a bit suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back