T
TheCartoonist
Guest
So I met this guy.
This story will take a while, Iām such a rambler.
Apparently he graduated from the same school I did, only a year before me. Itās a small school but weād never spoken to each other before, though Iāve seen him around. He started working with me as a summer camp art teacher last week, we spent every morning together planning lessons, and finally on his last day we went out to lunch. We went to see a movie together yesterday, and now we spent 5 hours of the day texting back and forth.
I started to like him when I found out he was also home schooled. Weād both thought we knew all the homeschooling groups in the area, but obviously we were wrong! He seems like a pretty nice guy, though a few things have me wary. Obviously I barely know him, but Iām worried about falling for him too soon. My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and I broke up recently, though the greater half of our relationship was long distance. It was definitely for the best, but he was the only boyfriend Iād ever had before.
So hereās what I know about the guy: Heās Christian. He was home schooled all the way up till college. Heās 25. (Iām 20, graduated high school early) he talks about his mom a lot, he has 5 siblings, he recently got out of a relationship himself. He caught his girlfriend with another man, āhooking upā he said, then got into a fight with the guy she was with and broke his hand punching him.
Now here are my worries: Iāve never dated someone who wasnāt Catholic before. I donāt quite know what all his beliefs are⦠Heās stated before that he is Christian, and that his home schooling group was centered around his church. I guess my biggest fear is that I wonāt find out for a while and Iāll end up falling in love with this guy. I could see it happening⦠but Iām worried Iāll end up getting my heart broken due to our differences in life. Iām not sure if heās still a virgin or not, but I am and will continue to be so until I am married. Iām just not sure I could be with someone who wasnāt even if they were willing to wait. It wouldnāt even be that he wasnāt, I just know from the past that I have jealousy issues I need to work out, itās not healthy in a relationship but I know in the long run itād effect me if I wasnāt the one and only. Believe me, Iām working on all this haha.
Also, because Iāve started dating again, my mother pulled me aside for a talk. She told me that my grandfather wasnāt a virgin when he married my grandmother, and that MY father wasnāt when he married my mother. Honestly, I didnāt want to know that at all. I donāt even feel Iāve learned from it. I donāt really feel any differently about them but⦠I didnāt want to hear that. Seriously. She said she wanted to tell me so that I didnāt immediately brush off all my options, men think differently then woman, Itās hard to find a virgin, etc. etc.
I feel like I should have a question at the end of this, but now it all seems so lost. I really just needed to let all this out. Lifeās been rather crazy lately. Any advice or suggestions?
EDIT: I should also add the punching to my list of worries! Honestly, I thought it was kinda cool he punched the guy⦠but I wonder if he;s a very angry person often, or always this violent? Hehehe.
EDIT 2: But maybe I should just stop over thinking everything and see what happens? Thisāll probably just go nowhere anyway⦠ahhh. I just donāt want to get my heartbroken again. And it feels so nice to wake up in the morning and feel alive again⦠Just the excitement of not knowing whatāll happen I guess. Here I am, getting too attached, arenāt I? I donāt get out much and never though Iād meet anybody.
Apparently he graduated from the same school I did, only a year before me. Itās a small school but weād never spoken to each other before, though Iāve seen him around. He started working with me as a summer camp art teacher last week, we spent every morning together planning lessons, and finally on his last day we went out to lunch. We went to see a movie together yesterday, and now we spent 5 hours of the day texting back and forth.
I started to like him when I found out he was also home schooled. Weād both thought we knew all the homeschooling groups in the area, but obviously we were wrong! He seems like a pretty nice guy, though a few things have me wary. Obviously I barely know him, but Iām worried about falling for him too soon. My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and I broke up recently, though the greater half of our relationship was long distance. It was definitely for the best, but he was the only boyfriend Iād ever had before.
So hereās what I know about the guy: Heās Christian. He was home schooled all the way up till college. Heās 25. (Iām 20, graduated high school early) he talks about his mom a lot, he has 5 siblings, he recently got out of a relationship himself. He caught his girlfriend with another man, āhooking upā he said, then got into a fight with the guy she was with and broke his hand punching him.
Now here are my worries: Iāve never dated someone who wasnāt Catholic before. I donāt quite know what all his beliefs are⦠Heās stated before that he is Christian, and that his home schooling group was centered around his church. I guess my biggest fear is that I wonāt find out for a while and Iāll end up falling in love with this guy. I could see it happening⦠but Iām worried Iāll end up getting my heart broken due to our differences in life. Iām not sure if heās still a virgin or not, but I am and will continue to be so until I am married. Iām just not sure I could be with someone who wasnāt even if they were willing to wait. It wouldnāt even be that he wasnāt, I just know from the past that I have jealousy issues I need to work out, itās not healthy in a relationship but I know in the long run itād effect me if I wasnāt the one and only. Believe me, Iām working on all this haha.
Also, because Iāve started dating again, my mother pulled me aside for a talk. She told me that my grandfather wasnāt a virgin when he married my grandmother, and that MY father wasnāt when he married my mother. Honestly, I didnāt want to know that at all. I donāt even feel Iāve learned from it. I donāt really feel any differently about them but⦠I didnāt want to hear that. Seriously. She said she wanted to tell me so that I didnāt immediately brush off all my options, men think differently then woman, Itās hard to find a virgin, etc. etc.
I feel like I should have a question at the end of this, but now it all seems so lost. I really just needed to let all this out. Lifeās been rather crazy lately. Any advice or suggestions?
EDIT: I should also add the punching to my list of worries! Honestly, I thought it was kinda cool he punched the guy⦠but I wonder if he;s a very angry person often, or always this violent? Hehehe.
EDIT 2: But maybe I should just stop over thinking everything and see what happens? Thisāll probably just go nowhere anyway⦠ahhh. I just donāt want to get my heartbroken again. And it feels so nice to wake up in the morning and feel alive again⦠Just the excitement of not knowing whatāll happen I guess. Here I am, getting too attached, arenāt I? I donāt get out much and never though Iād meet anybody.