OF Nuptial Mass - So Many Choices. Help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrose1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrose1

Guest
The choices can be overwhelming! My fiance and I are marrying each other in August in an OF English Mass. We both occasionally attend the EF, etc…point being, we want to make sure we pick the ‘options’ which have the most theological depth and richness to them. Thus, I am looking for some assistance and thoughts on which of the Proper prayers to choose (we were given the Together for Life booklet to make our choices). So there are 4 options for the Collect, 3 options for the Prayer over the Gifts, 3 options for the Preface to the Eucharistic Prayer, 3 options for the Nuptial Blessing, and 3 options for the Prayer after Communion.

Thoughts?

Most all of the music will be Gregorian Chant, using the EF Nuptial Mass Propers. We have already figured out the readings.

Thank you!
 
I guess it depends on the parish or presider. In our parish, and in the parish where my daughter is getting married, the only choices they have are the readings. The priest picks the other choices. One of the priests in my parish won’t let the couple pick the Gospel. Talk to your priest.
 
I guess it depends on the parish or presider. In our parish, and in the parish where my daughter is getting married, the only choices they have are the readings. The priest picks the other choices. One of the priests in my parish won’t let the couple pick the Gospel. Talk to your priest.
Yes, I worked at this for 12 years and I’ve never known a couple to be allowed to pick anything but the readings & intercessions. Most of the priests allowed the couple to pick the Gospel but not all.
 
My apologies for not being clearer. The priest who will be witnessing our Marriage and celebrating the Nuptial Mass gave us the booklet with all the choices and seems to intend that we make them or at the very least consult it so that we may discuss with him.
 
Yes, I worked at this for 12 years and I’ve never known a couple to be allowed to pick anything but the readings & intercessions. Most of the priests allowed the couple to pick the Gospel but not all.
Perhaps this is a difference between Canada and the US. I selected every prayer, response, vows, petition, and reading. Everything.
 
I guess it depends on the parish or presider. In our parish, and in the parish where my daughter is getting married, the only choices they have are the readings. The priest picks the other choices. One of the priests in my parish won’t let the couple pick the Gospel. Talk to your priest.
We got priests, music and some of the blessings. I honestly can’t remember what choices we made at this point, but I do remember we selected a letter from a list (i.e. a, b, c)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top