"Offer It Up"

• Thread starter Thread starter RJB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Diane, (Lux_et_veritas) it sounds like you really have had a lot of grace in your life to have made so many changes so quickly. Makes me think you must have a lot of friends and family praying for you (including those who are already in heaven!).

Good ole’ St. Francis “It is only in giving that we receive.” Remember to pray for those who are on the edge of making that comeback to confession and being willing to change their lives!

Thank you and I can only think that they are graces because this is not “me”.

I had another session with Father again. I told him that once I fixed a long standing habit, the dam broke lose and other matters that needed attention came flowing through. I told him that God was setting the pace and was running at full throttle so weekly confession might be a good idea. I emptied the closet which the Lord had filled back up with past sins. As I told Father, I find many stones and rocks in my spiritual path and these I can move on my own. However, the Lord has revealed some boulders to me and these I cannot move on my own. It is His way of saying that the gravity of these past sins ought not escape acknowledgement and judgement in the Sacrament of Penance.

It’s amazing how heavy the conscience can feel when the Lord wants you to act on it without delay. That is a grace and when we act on it, we get relief. I couldn’t stop dwelling and it consummed me. I was not able to get to confession right away when I wanted to and it was tortuous. Now that the closet was emptied, this is gone.

If angels truly aid in working our consciences, mine is working overtime. I just hope the good Lord will go down to cruising speed for a while now to give us all a rest. :rotfl:

40.png
Lux_et_veritas:
Make sense?
Does it!

Thanks for sharing your many blessings with us.

:blessyou:

I should clarify on the grace issue, that it would be wrong of us to do things in expectation of graces. Its kind of like a kid who visits his grandmother only for the money she can give him. Rather, we need to just do right and in time we will be able to look back and see the graces that God felt we needed at a given point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back