Offer our struggles to God

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cupcake143
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cupcake143

Guest
What exactly does it mean to offer up our crosses to God/Jesus?

Right now, I’m stressed and lonely and I heard Father Reed on the television speaking about offering up our troubles to God to handle and not to exclude Him. I know it would mean to just have faith and trust in our Lord, but how exactly should I do this? Do I just completely stop trying to fix things on my own and not worry about it?
 
What exactly does it mean to offer up our crosses to God/Jesus?

Right now, I’m stressed and lonely and I heard Father Reed on the television speaking about offering up our troubles to God to handle and not to exclude Him. I know it would mean to just have faith and trust in our Lord, but how exactly should I do this? Do I just completely stop trying to fix things on my own and not worry about it?
When we offer our crosses (crosses being our struggles) up to God, we are asking for Him to help us. There are many things in this world that we try to do on our own, and this doesn’t always work out. So when you say “God I offer my cross up to you” this means you are asking Him to help you carry your cross like Simon helped Jesus carry His cross to Calvary. So put your trust in the Lord, and let Him help you. I’ll be praying for you.

God Bless,
ChurchSuffering
 
I’m not sure if I can find the words to say this in general terms, so I’ll share what I do specifically.

When I suffer from loneliness, for example, I offer my suffering and pray for those who are lonely who don’t have faith to help them through, for example. Then I make a prayer of thanksgiving, for example, for something good in my life – my health, my home, my son, my work, my friends.

When I suffer from physical pain in my foot, for example, I offer my suffering and pray for missionaries and the people they serve, for example, who must walk many, many miles to get anywhere. Then I say a prayer – any prayer really – or just talk with our Lord.

In the moments of greatest suffering, I look for the task I should be focused on – housework, schoolwork, etc. – and offer my obedience to those tasks, in spite of whatever I may be suffering, as a prayer of gratitude, as a prayer for those who are suffering far greater and more sustained trials than my little pains.

I don’t know if that helps at all, but be assured of my prayers!

God bless you.

Gertie
 
I might very well be totally off base, but I have often thought that when we offer up our crosses, not only are we passively asking for help, but we are declaring to Jesus that I am offering up my pain for the atonement of my sins, in other words, I am walking with Jesus to Calvary, I am surrendering my will to Christ.

If this is wrong, someone please comment.
 
I’m not sure if I can find the words to say this in general terms, so I’ll share what I do specifically.

When I suffer from loneliness, for example, I offer my suffering and pray for those who are lonely who don’t have faith to help them through, for example. Then I make a prayer of thanksgiving, for example, for something good in my life – my health, my home, my son, my work, my friends.

When I suffer from physical pain in my foot, for example, I offer my suffering and pray for missionaries and the people they serve, for example, who must walk many, many miles to get anywhere. Then I say a prayer – any prayer really – or just talk with our Lord.

In the moments of greatest suffering, I look for the task I should be focused on – housework, schoolwork, etc. – and offer my obedience to those tasks, in spite of whatever I may be suffering, as a prayer of gratitude, as a prayer for those who are suffering far greater and more sustained trials than my little pains.

I don’t know if that helps at all, but be assured of my prayers!

God bless you.

Gertie
That is so great of you to do that! That does help for sure. Thank you so much, and God Bless you as well!
 
When we offer our crosses (crosses being our struggles) up to God, we are asking for Him to help us. There are many things in this world that we try to do on our own, and this doesn’t always work out. So when you say “God I offer my cross up to you” this means you are asking Him to help you carry your cross like Simon helped Jesus carry His cross to Calvary. So put your trust in the Lord, and let Him help you. I’ll be praying for you.

God Bless,
ChurchSuffering
Thank you so much! I should say that more often when I’m having a rough time. God Bless you, and thank you for your prayers!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top