G
goodcatholic
Guest
Well that is debatable, highly debateable. In fact someone has already told me on CAF. “Ron you’re not cut out for monkhood. Don’t do it.”
I’m too old anyway.
I’d like to relate an anecdote. I visited a Benedictine monastery recently. I was chatting to a lady in her mid seventies over lunch. I suggested to her that becoming a monk might have been a suitable path for me to have chosen.
She replied emphatically ““Oh! But what a waste””
I was flattered to say the least. And trying to think of all the wonderful talents and attributes I must have which would make me “a waste” at a monastery. Womankind would be missing out? Secular society? My incredible good looks it was. I was so chuffed by the compliment. It made my day!
I’m too old anyway.
I’d like to relate an anecdote. I visited a Benedictine monastery recently. I was chatting to a lady in her mid seventies over lunch. I suggested to her that becoming a monk might have been a suitable path for me to have chosen.
She replied emphatically ““Oh! But what a waste””
I was flattered to say the least. And trying to think of all the wonderful talents and attributes I must have which would make me “a waste” at a monastery. Womankind would be missing out? Secular society? My incredible good looks it was. I was so chuffed by the compliment. It made my day!
Last edited: