Ok, I really want to know this

  • Thread starter Thread starter Curiouse
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curiouse

Guest
I was really wondering, can one recieve the Sacrament of Reconciliation through the Internet? I mean I honestly cant come up with an opinion on this. I’m 14, and my parents won’t let me go to Confession because they dont believe in it, and they make me recieve Communion when we go to church, even though I’m in a mortal state of sin. So it would come in handy. Any responce is greatly appreciated,
 
your parents cannot force you to receive a sacrament, neither can they prevent you from receiving the sacraments. if they “don’t believe in it” why are they going to Church in the first place? next time you go to church, see the priest before or after Mass and explain your dilemma. if you wanted to get to a rock concert or the mall would you find a way? sure you can’t get a ride to confession on Saturday afternoon? there is no such thing as confession by internet, phone, mail etc. It must be in person.
 
Your parents won’t let you go? That’s another issue altogether, I suppose, But I don’t think you are dishonering your parents if at communion you demonstrate your objection by following your heart and not receive communion. Because you know that you aren’t supposed to receive communion until you confess your sins… Maybe your parents might get the message on how important of an issue it is to you…

But, their simple refusal to let you go makes one wonder if everything is okay at home…?

SG
 
I was really wondering, can one recieve the Sacrament of Reconciliation through the Internet? I mean I honestly cant come up with an opinion on this…

No.​

The sacraments are acts of persons, which therefore require the persons taking in part in them to be present to each other as persons. So they can’t be received in the indirect way that reception over the WWW would require.

Even if you can’t go to Confession, there is nothing to prevent your making an Act of Contrition; here are some you might find helpful: ewtn.com/library/PRAYER/ACTOFCON.TXT
 
Last week, my mother dragged me by the arm up the aisle to recieve. It made quite a scene. The priest was walking towards us after Mass, but my mother practically ran out of the church.
 
You should make an act of perfect contrition; then you will be forgiven by God and you will no longer be in a state of mortal sin. Here’s how:

Pray for true sorrow for your sins.
Pray for true love for God and neighbor.
If you are truly sorry for your sins, pray to God telling Him that you are truly sorry because you know that your sins offend God, whom you love, and because you know that your sins harm your neighbor, whom you also love.

True sorrow for sin out of love for God and neighbor is called perfect contrition, not because you have to be perfect, but because the motivation for the sorrow (love for God and neighbor) is the most perfect reason to be sorry for sin.

Once you make such an act of perfect contrition, you will be forgiven.
Then go to Confession at your first opportunity.

Some prayers you can say:

O God, in your great Mercy and Love, grant that I may sincerely and thoroughly repent from all my sins, and humbly and devoutly receive your forgiveness through the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and grant this same merciful grace to other poor sinners, especially those most in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Merciful Jesus, I offer you my little prayers and sufferings, united with your great prayers and sufferings on the Cross, for the conversion of sinners. In your great Mercy and Love for all, grant that we may sincerely and thoroughly repent from every sin, and humbly receive your forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Ron Conte
 
Objectively speaking, receiving the Eucharist in a state of mortal sin is a sacrilege, but given the fact that your parents are forcing you do go, I really think that this would diminish you responsibility.
Is there a way you can discuss this with your priest? Or even email him, send him a letter, etc. explaining your predicament? I’m really sorry your parents are acting like this. If one of my children approached me and told me that they would like to go to confession, I would have them out the door in a heartbeat. And no, I wouldn’t ask them why they needed to go, unless they WANTED to tell me why.
 
I was really wondering, can one recieve the Sacrament of Reconciliation through the Internet? I mean I honestly cant come up with an opinion on this. I’m 14, and my parents won’t let me go to Confession because they dont believe in it, and they make me recieve Communion when we go to church, even though I’m in a mortal state of sin. So it would come in handy. Any responce is greatly appreciated,
If I was in a mortal state of sin then I would ask the priest for a confession either before or after Mass…or google your church and see if they have e-mail…if so, then e-mail your parish priest or the general information e-mail address on the site.

It seems that you have a good heart. Read Matthew 7:7 and stick to it!
<>
McKevin
 
Last week, my mother dragged me by the arm up the aisle to recieve. It made quite a scene. The priest was walking towards us after Mass, but my mother practically ran out of the church.
If next time, she drags you, let her do it. However, when you come to priest, tell him just to bless you for you are in a state of mortal sin. I understand you mom will be upset with you; but look, is she going to save you if you die in this state?

Although you should always show your respect to your parents as you have been doing, stay strong and find a way for confession and by doing this, you will be the witness of your faith in your own family.

God bless you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top