J
jenlovesyu
Guest
Okay so remember my thread titled “Should I tell her?” It was referring to whether or not I should let the family of my child’s father know that we had a child. I called his mother last night and then she and the father’s older sister came over and saw the baby (he’s two months now). They were pretty upset (understandably) but they were also pretty thrilled.
I am having a lot of mixed feelings right now I guess so I was kinda looking for some advice or consolation. I know that I did the right thing, no doubt. I had prayed about this for a while and I pretty sure God wanted me to tell them.
First thing that bothered me though was what his mother said. She always reminds me how “weak” I am. Which I understand, that I am young and that she has been through much more than I have but the way she says it makes me feel like I don’t know anything about life at all. I mentioned to her that my ds is getting baptized on Saturday and she asks “why so soon?”
Then she went off saying that she’s been Catholic all her life and she knows that not everything about the Church is true. She seems to act like I am just following the crowd and that I don’t know how to think for myself. I believe everything about the Catholic Church is true and I don’t need a mortal man or woman to tell me that. She also went on to say that my strong interest in religion what caused a great deal of problems for mine and my ex-boyfriend’s relationship. You’re damn right it did! 
Another thing that bothered me was the fact that she seems to be defending her son’s current behavior by saying how hard his upbringing was. Yeah I get it, he had a hard life with no father. I understand that can affect him being scared about being a father himself. But NOT ONCE throughout the WHOLE time I was pregnant did he consider his own child. He was argumentative and blaming me for all the hurt that I caused him. Did I hurt him? Yes I did and I am truly sorry for it all. However I gave him every OPPORTUNITY to be in his child’s life. He could have continued going to counseling with me. Gave that up. Could have continued going to doctor’s visits with me. Decided he didn’t want to do that either. He received advice from THREE professional people including a PRIEST but because he was so “hurt” he couldn’t utilize the advice they gave him. The last thing he told me, a few weeks before DS was born, was that he didn’t want to talk to me. He also mentioned that he lost my number. Does this sound like someone who even wants to TRY being a father to you?
Why does being hurt stand as an excuse to NOT take responsibility for your own child?
I don’t understand it at all. I will admit that right now. Someone let me know if I am being unreasonable. I am at my wits end.
They’re talking to him right now btw as he just got off work…
I am having a lot of mixed feelings right now I guess so I was kinda looking for some advice or consolation. I know that I did the right thing, no doubt. I had prayed about this for a while and I pretty sure God wanted me to tell them.
First thing that bothered me though was what his mother said. She always reminds me how “weak” I am. Which I understand, that I am young and that she has been through much more than I have but the way she says it makes me feel like I don’t know anything about life at all. I mentioned to her that my ds is getting baptized on Saturday and she asks “why so soon?”
Another thing that bothered me was the fact that she seems to be defending her son’s current behavior by saying how hard his upbringing was. Yeah I get it, he had a hard life with no father. I understand that can affect him being scared about being a father himself. But NOT ONCE throughout the WHOLE time I was pregnant did he consider his own child. He was argumentative and blaming me for all the hurt that I caused him. Did I hurt him? Yes I did and I am truly sorry for it all. However I gave him every OPPORTUNITY to be in his child’s life. He could have continued going to counseling with me. Gave that up. Could have continued going to doctor’s visits with me. Decided he didn’t want to do that either. He received advice from THREE professional people including a PRIEST but because he was so “hurt” he couldn’t utilize the advice they gave him. The last thing he told me, a few weeks before DS was born, was that he didn’t want to talk to me. He also mentioned that he lost my number. Does this sound like someone who even wants to TRY being a father to you?
Why does being hurt stand as an excuse to NOT take responsibility for your own child?
I don’t understand it at all. I will admit that right now. Someone let me know if I am being unreasonable. I am at my wits end.
They’re talking to him right now btw as he just got off work…