OK to wear a small copy of pectoral cross?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkw42
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkw42

Guest
I frequently wore a crucifix I had received as a gift shortly after entering the Church through RCIA last year. Unfortunately, it broke…I’m looking at options at repair and want to handle it carefully. (It was blessed and is something I want to keep)

I bought a small replica of Pope Francis’ pectoral cross…about 1 1/2" high on a 24" chain as a much sturdier day-to-day replacement.

After giving it some thought, and a little research, I understand that the pectoral cross is only worn by bishops. Is wearing a smaller version around the neck OK?
 
I think as long as there is no danger of mistake, it should be ok.
 
I should think it would be all right, as long as you do not ostantationaly flaunt it; that is, be a showoff with it. Be discreet about it and wear it under your shirt or something.
 
Yeah. That’s what I was thinking…underneath my shirt. I like the feel of it there throughout the day. I hope that it helps me to remember to bring my mind to where it should be. That’s what I’m hoping for, anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top