W
waterdog
Guest
Is there a passage in the OT that talks about angels fornicating with humans?
I admit that my knowledge of the NT is much more complete than my knowledge of the OT. I should have just kept my mouth shut instead of getting involved in the following conversation. Someone please, point me to a comprehensive resource that discusses the difficult passages in the OT so I can educate myself and not come out sounding like a moron as in the following…
Other student: (in discussing a literature piece) Well the thing with women wearing their hair up is from the Bible
Me: Yes, it is. The women who wore their hair down in New Testament times were advertising themselves as whores
Other Student: NO actually it was to keep angels from coming down and grabbing them by the hair
Me: That’s not biblical
Other Student: Yes it is
Me: no its not.
Other Student: Yes. Its in Genesis or something. The angels were coming down and fornicating with the women.
Me No I don’t think so
Other student: Have you read the old Testament?
Me: Well I have read Genesis
Other: Well, maybe its not in Genesis. But its in there.
I admit that my knowledge of the NT is much more complete than my knowledge of the OT. I should have just kept my mouth shut instead of getting involved in the following conversation. Someone please, point me to a comprehensive resource that discusses the difficult passages in the OT so I can educate myself and not come out sounding like a moron as in the following…
Other student: (in discussing a literature piece) Well the thing with women wearing their hair up is from the Bible
Me: Yes, it is. The women who wore their hair down in New Testament times were advertising themselves as whores
Other Student: NO actually it was to keep angels from coming down and grabbing them by the hair
Me: That’s not biblical
Other Student: Yes it is
Me: no its not.
Other Student: Yes. Its in Genesis or something. The angels were coming down and fornicating with the women.
Me No I don’t think so
Other student: Have you read the old Testament?
Me: Well I have read Genesis
Other: Well, maybe its not in Genesis. But its in there.