On Eagles Wings

  • Thread starter Thread starter DonnaG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DonnaG

Guest
I feel so blessed. **Father Michael Joncas **came to our parish for a Parish Faith renewal program called "Embers to Flame-Faith on Fire" What a faith filled man, very smart, very talented. When he was in his early 20’s he wrote the hymn On Eagles Wings for his friend’s fathers funeral. If you look in your hymnal at church under authors you will find many under his name I am sure. His talk was so inspiring how in many ways we can bring Christ to those we meet every day.
Have you heard him or his music?
Donna G
 
He is amazing! He came to my diocese years ago for a conference and I loved every minute of his talk. I wish I could have had him as one of my college professors. Lucky you!:flowers:
 
I’m so glad you were inspired!!

He was my professor in college. I have a slightly different opinion of him because he was TOUGH. 😃 But I have been to his house which is quite lovely, and he finished one of our classes by having us all over for cheese and wine and we read passages of Divine Comedy in Latin. He was very passionate. Very faith filled.
 
Amazing that you read my posting and have met Father Joncas.
My pastor went to High School with him. So they have known each other for a long time.
He taught at University of St Thomas and a while ago at Notre Dame.
Thanks for posting.

DonnaG
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top