On the scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

  • Thread starter Thread starter hectorturcios11
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hectorturcios11

Guest
Hello everyone. Yesterday I bought the scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, and the lady that sold it to me, told me that it needed to be imposed by a priest for me to wear it. Is that true or can I put it on right now? Thanks and God bless.
 
Well you COULD wear it…no Vatican police is going to come take it away 🙂

But yes you must be invested with it. Any priest can do it but its a little longer than something you can do while shaking the priests hand after mass so just shoot him an email telling him you would like to be invested with it and I’m sure yall can set up a time.

I have been wearing it for a little over a year now and greatly enjoy it.
 
Last edited:
It depends on whether you want to accept a formal private devotion, or whether you just want to wear one. There is no hard/fast rule about laity wearing a Scapular for private devotion or sentiment or just to remind you of your personal journey to holiness. You can wear it without a Priest imposing it upon you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top