Online Eucharistic Adoration

• Thread starter Thread starter starry_nites
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starry_nites

I’ve seen a few sites on the web that offer live images of the Eucharist. Would anyone know if this can be an acceptable alternative to being physically present at the Eucharistic adoration itself? Thanks.

40.png
starry_nites:
I’ve seen a few sites on the web that offer live images of the Eucharist. Would anyone know if this can be an acceptable alternative to being physically present at the Eucharistic adoration itself? Thanks.
It’s not for me. To me it’s just staring at a picture and there is nothing like being present with Him in the flesh. :yup:

DigitalDeacon

Would anyone know if this can be an acceptable alternative to being physically present at the Eucharistic adoration itself?
That depends on what you mean. Since Eucharistic Adoration is not a requirement of the Church for all the faithful, I think online adoration could be a useful tool for meditation and prayer, just like looking upon an icon of our Lord. It is a reminder that Christ is present on Earth always in His Church.

However, if by “acceptable alternative” you mean is it exactly the same as going to Adoration? Not in a million years. Just like an icon, an image of the Real Presence is just that–an image. It does not make Christ truly present to us, nor does it convey the Grace available through the Eucharist. Just as sacraments cannot be effective through remote means (i.e. telephone confessions, watching Mass on TV, etc), Adoration is only fully efficacious in person.

I have never heard of online Adoration but it seems to me that I would feel i am just looking at a picture, which i would do anytime to have a good meditation time… but I prefer to go physically to Adoration and sit infront of the Blessed Sacrament.
I was just at St Rita’s in Philadelphia on Sunday, down in the chapel and it was so nice there… I had never gone there before, but i plan to go again soon! :bowdown:

But what if there was a camera projecting your picture back into the chapel. You would be “present” before Christ, wouldn’t you? Just a question.

I never understood the reason for no “telephone confessions”, how is it different then behind a screen?

PLEASE NOTE: I am not advocating this and I accept the churches position on this issue I am just asking. Please be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back