E
emom
Guest
Where can I find an online missal that goes through the mass? My sister in law is going through the RCIA and wanted to to print something out to take to mass with her.
Why not buy The Handbook of Prayers: A Complete Treasury of Prayers and Order of the Mass.Where can I find an online missal that goes through the mass? My sister in law is going through the RCIA and wanted to to print something out to take to mass with her.
I have one at home that I was giving to her, but I wanted to email something to here today so that she can use it until I see her again.Why not buy The Handbook of Prayers: A Complete Treasury of Prayers and Order of the Mass.
Whether you prefer Latin or English this book has both.
Its by Charles Belmonte and James Socias.
I’ll be the first to say it: Hope it’s an Adoremus Hymnal.I can see it now, a down-loadable version of the Daily Roman Missal for your palm-pilot, and everybody in church earnestly peering at theirs. Hope the include a hymnal so at least people can sing.
AgreedI’ll be the first to say it: Hope it’s an Adoremus Hymnal.
NO.Is it ok to use your iphone during mass if you are reading something holy?
If you are following the exact texts of the Mass I cannot find fault with that. The only reason why I wouldn’t is because it may send messages to others that you are “playing” with your phone during Mass which may cause our younger folks to think that it is o.k… You should not even read what you think is holy out of a book during Mass if it is not in line with the Mass at hand. The Mass is the greatest form of Christian worship and no prayer is equal or higher. So to engage in anything outside of Mass during Mass is to place something lesser in place of the highest form of the heavenly liturgy…teachccdIs it ok to use your iphone during mass if you are reading something holy?
In the Year of our Lord 2010, conroyke56 said:I can see it now, a down-loadable version of the Daily Roman Missal for your palm-pilot, and everybody in church earnestly peering at theirs. Hope the include a hymnal so at least people can sing.
Looks like you might be a prophetess Annie!I know the apple iPhone has a new catholic missal application. It’s great!! It’s has an easy to navigate calender. And all the reading arre accesile through the application.
Is it ok to use your iphone during mass if you are reading something holy?
And that there has been my experience. I am a HUGE technophile. Anything that I can conceivably do on a computer, I do on a computer. I downloaded a missal application on my own iPhone as did conroyke56, but it only took two or three Sundays of dirty looks and loud sneers for me to take the hint that my using an electronic missal was a bit too advanced for my own parish, as such to even cause scandal.If you are following the exact texts of the Mass I cannot find fault with that. The only reason why I wouldn’t is because it may send messages to others that you are “playing” with your phone during Mass which may cause our younger folks to think that it is o.k… You should not even read what you think is holy out of a book during Mass if it is not in line with the Mass at hand. The Mass is the greatest form of Christian worship and no prayer is equal or higher. So to engage in anything outside of Mass during Mass is to place something lesser in place of the highest form of the heavenly liturgy…teachccd![]()
Conroy K E:i would have to agree with teachccd.
As fine as it would be to use if you were following on with the mass, or doing some prayer before or after the mass. using your phone during mass is probably still looks a bit suss.
But i mean, there is absolutely no reason why you cant use it. as long as you don’t mind people having a peek at what your doing, and probably asking questions after.
What i do find it great for, is reflecting on the days Gospels.
As many mornings as possible, when i am on the train into uni, or just at home eating breakfast, i love having it so accessible.
Also it is great to read the Sundays gospel throughout the week, i find it helps me when it comes to the mass, as i play in the guitar in the church band and i can easily find myself distracted.
whether you use it in the mass or not, its a great tool to have.
I also have the I-Bible, which i love. great when you wanna look up that verse u love but cant remember where it is. the keyword search is AWSOME!