Z
ztupiq
Guest
I was married outside of the Church in 2007 by the Justice of the Peace when my husband and I were total atheists. Now I am going through RCIA and cannot wait for Easter Vigil
I am a candidate because I was baptized in 2009 in a protestant church. My priest said simply that at Easter Vigil when I took communion my marriage would be at that moment sacramental. That nothing else had to be done just simply take communion and it was a done deal.
However, another Catholic who had to have her marriage blessed said she’s never heard of this and in fact was told if her marriage was done outside of the church she had to specifically have that fact remedied before she could even take communion.
So I am being given mixed messages. The priest says no special blessing has to take place just put jesus in my mouth.
My Catholic friend says that’s not true at all that before a married person can take communion their marriage HAS to be blessed which consists of some meetings with the priest before its blessed.
What do I do? Consult with a second priest or take this priest’s word for it? I should have invested in a catechism by now.


However, another Catholic who had to have her marriage blessed said she’s never heard of this and in fact was told if her marriage was done outside of the church she had to specifically have that fact remedied before she could even take communion.
So I am being given mixed messages. The priest says no special blessing has to take place just put jesus in my mouth.
My Catholic friend says that’s not true at all that before a married person can take communion their marriage HAS to be blessed which consists of some meetings with the priest before its blessed.
What do I do? Consult with a second priest or take this priest’s word for it? I should have invested in a catechism by now.