Opinions on "God is Grey" (Brenda Marie Davies) and woke Christianity

• Thread starter Thread starter historyfan81
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i do know her name and that i do know these are not new ideas per say among liberal chirstians but some even go futher and say jesus himself was gay stating that he had a thing with jonh and that is why he is called the disiple he loved

“Progressive Christianity” is characterized by a willingness to question tradition, acceptance of human diversity so yes what you say is true . so there is where you get all the paul never really said this or that
of premarital sex is not a sin acording to the bible, they claim that the source material is ok that we just added our interpreation to it.

but unlike most liberal chirstians i have never once heard before i saw her youtube chanel the concept that there exist new revelations sent by the holy spirt since with out them the bible would be outdated
i have tried to find when and to whom the holy sprit reveal this to
but i do know the why as brenda belives its to evolve the faith
like i said its kinda of similar to joseph smith in that regard and in some lesser extend muhamed

that there is something wrong with the bible and the new revelation (s) have come

Last edited:
@Irishmom2 I agree, it is strange to portray oneself with the attribute of a saint. Perhaps she’s trying to be provocative, perhaps it’s just supposed to be art.

@historyfan81 The retired Episcopalian bishop John Shelby Spong believes that there is a case for a Third Testament to be included in the Bible. This would reflect new revelation since the canon of the New Testament was finalized. Off the top of my head, he proposed including some writings and/or speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr., for example. It’s an eccentric point of view, but not entirely unique.

yeah at least the mormons says how they got their “revelations” not the same with the progresive chirstians they just did and that is how we free the slaves
Not trying to get off topic, but I take a slightly dimmer view of Mormon revelations than you do.

but unlike most liberal chirstians i have never once heard before i saw her youtube chanel the concept that there exist new revelations sent by the holy spirt since with out them the bible would be outdated
i have tried to find when and to whom the holy sprit reveal this to
but i do know the why as brenda belives its to evolve the faith
like i said its kinda of similar to joseph smith in that regard and in some lesser extend muhamed
Do you remember where she talks about that? As I said before, I’m not terribly familiar with her beliefs.

claims there are new revelations sent by the holy ghost to keep the religion updated and with out said revelations we would still be living with slavary and patriachy
claims that the these sins are not really sins and we have only seen them as such beacuse we misterpret scripture and that these rules where man made not god.
“I think taking a Bible and whacking someone with it isn’t a sin. Why do I believe it isn’t a sin? Because the Holy Spirit guided me to believe that in order to be more up to date.”
You see, this is what happens when you start to believe you’re more qualified to understand the Christian faith than the Early Church Fathers who have provided a rich body of knowledge and understanding.

Last edited:
ironic beacuse she never quotes the fathers and insteand blames the church on toxic theology
sure many chirstians have comitted atrocities and has defended bad practices
but just beacuse that happend it means everything is wrong ? i dont think so and It seems that people belive that

so if the bible alone with out new revelations is outdated its safe to assume the fathers are outdated as well

Last edited:
she never quotes the fathers
This is a major problem for Protestants that aren’t in line with what Martin Luther actually argued for. Martin Luther never argued for a blank slate approach.
insteand blames the church on toxic theology
sure many chirstians have comitted atrocities and has defended bad practices
Atrocities that occurred were mingled with the pursuit of power.
but just beacuse that happend it means everything is wrong ? i dont think so and It seems that people belive that
Much of “progressive Christianity” is based on subjectivity and appeal to be liked by the masses. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, feelings override objectivity.
so if the bible alone with out new revelations is outdated its safe to assume the fathers are outdated as well
Of course. Anything that’s not popular with the masses is out of date. Sadly for them, Christianity isn’t being about liked. It’s about proclaiming the Gospel. That there is a saviour and a way out of sin.

Last edited:
I wonder if she has ever engaged in debate with Catholics – or, for that matter, had Catholic thinking properly explained to her.

Peter is still right; she may never have had Catholic thinking properly explained to her.

She is a ex catholic
Ah, good point.

Which makes her approach all the more curious: admittedly I’m reading between the lines somewhat here, but she speaks as though it’s all about being Evangelical or not being Evangelical. It would be nice to see better distinctions made among non-Evangelical Christians. (E.g. the Catholic idea of Development of Doctrine isn’t like Spong’s idea, mentioned earlier, that there are some recent writings that ought to be added to the bible! Of course, that leaves aside the question of whether Spong is even Christian.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back