Opus Dei Recruiting

• Thread starter Thread starter forthright
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued.

The people involved with Opus Dei strive to live with the spirit of the first Christians. And they were damn good Christians. They are not too open, all the time. But, thats because the enemy is there trying to devour the seed that has been planted. Most people involved with Opus Dei are very happy.
All these conversions, from nothing. All because of Opus Dei.
God bless Opus Dei.

40.png
KCT:
If I found something that brought me closer to Christ and the Church, I’d want to share it w/ others! —KCT
btw, have you heard of the Holy Family Institute? We are a Pauline family of married and widowed members that are consecrated seculars. Our founder is Bl James Alberione. We welcome others who want to become closer to our Lord. 🙂
God bless,
maggiec

40.png
forthright:
Don’t count on it. If you don’t live near one of the biggest cities in the nation, you’re in for a trip to reach an OD center. AlanFromWichita probably has a 6 hour drive to St. Louis.

Incidentally, Alan, you may want to hold off a little bit more before deciding how committed you are to OD. An OD friend of mine has said that he has to visit a center once a month as part of his obligations. From where I am, it’s a 4 hour drive to the nearest center.

All - I appreciate your help, it doesn’t sound as though anyone has heard of OD’s going door-to-door like Mormons. As for the process and rigamarole (?) - it’s actually why I’m interested. I want something challenging and I want to be accountable to someone for my spiritual growth. I’m tired of telling myself, “it’s OK that you didn’t get around to saying a rosary (going to daily mass, some other devotion - take your pick) this week because it’s not required and it’s not a sin.” At the end of the week, I want to have someone to whom I have to answer as to why I didn’t do the things I wanted to do (Romans 7:15-25).
IF you’re not stuck on OD yet you might look ath the Holy Family Institute. You may find it is just what you are looking for.
www.vocations-holyfamily.com
God bless,
maggiec

John:

That’s a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing that with us. By the grace of God, that story is familiar with a lot of the people around Opus Dei. Beyond the controversy stoked by the media and some disgruntled people, there is real and authentic living out of the Christian life by these people.

God bless.

in XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back