Opus Dei

• Thread starter Thread starter Mt19_26
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
nike248:
Yeah, I later realized that this was some lunatic’s website. My mistake.
Thanks for clarifying that, Nick…I did see that you made an edit to original post…🙂

I will weigh in a bit. Corporal mortification ie. flaggelation has been practiced by a variety of saints. I saw St. Teresa of Avila’s discipline ie. whip when visiting Avilia. So it is an ancient practice.

In Opus Dei no one is forced to practice any particular form of mortification. If you don’t want to use the discipline then you don’t. You always consult with your spiritual director. I am a cooperator and have never used it and don’t plan to. There are other forms of penace that I use. Each individual is free to choose their form of penance and Opus Dei respects that right.

Dear friend

I don’t know anything about Opus Dei but I will do after I have read all of this thread.🙂

I do like St. Josemaria Escriva writings that I have read posted by posters on this forum.

If you feel drawn to it, then go to it, that’s what I say. God plants the seeds of desire to serve Him wherever He would have you serve Him.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

What is the process of becoming a cooperator? And do you just contact your parish for information on Opus Dei in your area?

Thanks…

40.png
Annunciata:
Hi Geraldine…I think you should check it out;) Who knows…
Hi Anne, thank you! I just may, because I really love Escriva’s *The Way. *It is so personally written, and beautifully simple. God bless you, dear!

Geraldine

Mt19:26:
What is the process of becoming a cooperator? And do you just contact your parish for information on Opus Dei in your area?

Thanks…
Hi Matt,
Check out this link to help find the locals- opusdei.org/
It has links to other Opus Dei websites. And you can find locations around the globe by clicking on Other Countries in the Write us section. Send an email to them and you will get all the info you request…… Or, go/write to your Chancery Office in your diocese and they can direct you to a local group.

40.png
Annunciata:
Hi Matt,
Check out this link to help find the locals- opusdei.org/
It has links to other Opus Dei websites. And you can find locations around the globe by clicking on Other Countries in the Write us section. Send an email to them and you will get all the info you request…… Or, go/write to your Chancery Office in your diocese and they can direct you to a local group.
Thanks! I am going to look into Opus Dei further to find out of this is something I’d be interested in. So far, from what I have read it looks like I’d like to become a cooperator. I just have some more reading to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back