T
TimothyH
Guest
Is there any evidence, biblical or otherwise, of oral confession of sin during the ritual of making a sin offering in the Old Testament?
Was oral confession part of the ritual sacrifice? If someon brought a dove, pidgeon, goat or lamb, did they have to make an oral confession when they slaughtered it or when it was burnt?
I’d be interested in any general references to ritual practices around sacrifices in the Old Testament but the question of oral confession was an immediate question that I had.
PAX
-Tim-
Was oral confession part of the ritual sacrifice? If someon brought a dove, pidgeon, goat or lamb, did they have to make an oral confession when they slaughtered it or when it was burnt?
I’d be interested in any general references to ritual practices around sacrifices in the Old Testament but the question of oral confession was an immediate question that I had.
PAX
-Tim-