O
oneseeker
Guest
Now, I’m coming from a Prostestant point of view:wave: and I mean no disrespect with this question. It seems to me that the Catholic Church has a lot of different problems that aren’t affecting the Eastern Orthodox Church:
Gay priests/poor handling of such + ped. scandal
changes in liturgy (only bread, no cup), filoque
Bishops agreeing with homosexual adoption (San Fran)
Additional doctrines added and dogmatized sometimes centuries later (Imm. Conception), whereas EO is pretty much changeless
Majority of Catholic only follow selected teachings of Church
I’m especially confused about the idea of development of doctrine. I believe that some development is necessary, or we wouldn’t have the Trinity, the Bible, and many other important things. However, the EO don’t have so many “developments”, and the two churches were one for a thousand years. I don’t know whether I believe this, but I can understand why the EO think they are closer to the original, and the Church founded by Jesus and the Apostles. In Acts 15, wasn’t it a concilliar decision about the gentiles, not just one person’s decision? Also, James was the leader of the Jerusalem church, not Peter. Paul was the leader of the gentile mission, not Peter.
I like this board b/c there are so many knowledgeable and friendly people here,
and I am anxiously awaiting your responses.
oneseeker
Gay priests/poor handling of such + ped. scandal
changes in liturgy (only bread, no cup), filoque
Bishops agreeing with homosexual adoption (San Fran)
Additional doctrines added and dogmatized sometimes centuries later (Imm. Conception), whereas EO is pretty much changeless
Majority of Catholic only follow selected teachings of Church
I’m especially confused about the idea of development of doctrine. I believe that some development is necessary, or we wouldn’t have the Trinity, the Bible, and many other important things. However, the EO don’t have so many “developments”, and the two churches were one for a thousand years. I don’t know whether I believe this, but I can understand why the EO think they are closer to the original, and the Church founded by Jesus and the Apostles. In Acts 15, wasn’t it a concilliar decision about the gentiles, not just one person’s decision? Also, James was the leader of the Jerusalem church, not Peter. Paul was the leader of the gentile mission, not Peter.
I like this board b/c there are so many knowledgeable and friendly people here,
oneseeker
