S
steve-b
Guest
How can that be when the ROC says what it did about the EP?The OCA is in full communion with both the EP & MP as evidenced by the two news stories you don’t appear to have read.
How can that be when the ROC says what it did about the EP?The OCA is in full communion with both the EP & MP as evidenced by the two news stories you don’t appear to have read.
steve-b:![]()
I wonder what the state of St. Alexis Toth’s soul is, then: he was a Catholic priest that converted to Orthodoxy and is now a canonized Orthodox Saint. Methinks if anyone knew about mortal sin, it would be a Catholic priest - does that mean you believe he’s in hell but we believe he’s in heaven?THAT is why you don’t want to think going to Orthodoxy is OK. The Church Jesus established on Peter and those in perfect union with Peter, is the Catholic Church. It’s been that name since the 1st century![]()
what is schism to the Orthodox?
so is it ok for Orthodox to go into schism in Orrthodoxy? Would they become a saint if they left?Leaving Orthodoxy for non-Orthodox ideas
I would suggest you ask them. I’m just reporting what has actually happened.How can that be when the ROC says what it did about the EP?
First question: noso is it ok for Orthodox to go into schism in Orthodoxy? Would they become a saint if they left?
There we have it sports fans, go into schism and remain in schism, good things don’t happen.steve-b:![]()
First question: noso is it ok for Orthodox to go into schism in Orthodoxy? Would they become a saint if they left?
Second question: no. But some saints did leave the faith and come back, so that’s possible too.
i know I responded somewhat flippantly to your question iniitially, but seriously, I’m wondering what you mean or what you’re questioning? In the article from mospat.ru, the MP lays out quite forcefully their perspective on the EPs actions in Ukraine. I didn’t see a call, however, for other churches to break communion.How can that be when the ROC says what it did about the EP?
To be clear, I’m not saying that the change needs to be to the eastern approach, but medicinal, whether in the way of the Easterns or otherwise.I don’t necessarily disagree that the shift should happen… but you do realize how offended you would be if a Latin said the East needs to shift towards a more Western perspective.
Yes, recent, and an innovation. It’s not the traditional EO approach, nor was it universal when published.The Catechism was 17th century (it was continually published into the 20th, the publication linked was from the 19th.)