Our favorite parables

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlanFromWichita
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlanFromWichita

Guest
This thread is for us to share what our favorite parables are, and why we like them so much.

It is not important that you identify THE most important one, just one you wish to write about. If you have more than one to share, go for it. Duplicates are OK, too.

I’ll start:

I think my favorite parable is the one about the blind man in Luke 18:35-42.

I like to imagine that I am the blind man, and the Lord asks me what I want, and I tell him (with my “faith eyes” in mind) that I want to see. He tells me that I can now see and suddenly I am flooded with peace, joy, and the other fruit of the Spirit.

I believe I have received gifts of healing partly through reading and imagining this parable.

Alan
 
The Prodigal Son is my favorite without a doubt. All of us are like this son who runs away from his father, sees the error of his ways, and is welcomed back with a celebration.
 
Hi Alan, this thread topic is a really good idea 🙂 . I really like the Parable of the Persistent Widow. (Luke 18:1-8)
 
I love the Parable of the prodigal son Luke 15:11-32.👍

The parable of The Sower and the Seeds Luke 8:4-15 is probably my most favorite parables of Jesus.😃

And also the parable of The Mustard Seed Matthew 13:31-35 :yup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top