Our Lady of Lourdes

• Thread starter Thread starter Jessica
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jessica

Hello! I’m a student at a Catholic University, and I’m wondering if anyone out there can help me settle a little dispute with my theology teacher. He is nondenominational Protestant, and one day he told us about the time he took a trip to Lourdes to see if St. Bernadette is really incorrupt. He said he was not allowed to approach the body, and when he tried to look through his binoculars to see her, they were taken from him. He concluded that Bernadette’s incorrupt body is really a conspiracy by the Church, and that the Church covered her body with wax. Obviously, this is ridiculous, but I need something to back myself up with. Have any of you been to Lourdes and can confirm seeing Bernadette’s incorrupt body? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and God bless!

40.png
Jessica:
Hello! I’m a student at a Catholic University, and I’m wondering if anyone out there can help me settle a little dispute with my theology teacher. He is nondenominational Protestant,
Nothing like staunch Catholic teaching at school named “Catholic University”… :rolleyes:

St.Bernadette’s body is covered in wax, I believe… what does that matter??

Anytime anyone accuses the Catholic Church of conspiracy huge red flags should be waving!!! I haven’t been to Lourdes, but my brother has and has seen St. Bernadette’s body-- as well as many other incorruptibles- like St. John Vianney, St’ Rita, St. Clare…

I wonder what the fellow would think if he knew that ‘The Song of Bernadette’ was written by a Jewish man?

I wonder what the fellow would think if he knew that ‘The Song of Bernadette’ was written by a Jewish man?
The author, Franz Werfel, converted to the Church on his deathbed.

👍

If I understand correctly, the body was covered with wax only after it was discovered that it had been incorrupt.

I have been to Lourdes and it is awesome. Funny how the movie of St. Bernadette ends with, “For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, For those who do not, no explanation will suffice.”

St. Bernadette has a light coat of wax on her body because the skin color was changing…but her skin is still there. When I went to France they had books of the many tests, etc they did to prove that it wasn’t a hoax. I’ll look for it. It is true, she is an incorruptable, so are many other saints. Pray to her and ask her for her intercession for your professor. It’s so sad that he claims it is a hoax. 😦

After so many years her skin got a bit discolored and so has a light coating of wax.
Why is your theology teacher in a Catholic university a non-Catholic?

How could he have signed the mandatum as a non-Catholic?

After so many years her skin got a bit discolored and so has a light coating of wax. Why is your theology teacher in a Catholic university a non-Catholic?
You know, I’ve always wondered . . .

If these so-called incorruptions really are miracles from God, then why do these bodies almost invairably start to corrupt once their dug-up and exposed to sunlight? I browsed through Joan Carrol Cruz’s book on the subject, and almost all the bodies in the book look like they’ve experienced corruption.

It’s made me quite cynical about these particular supposed miracles.
How could he have signed the mandatum as a non-Catholic?
Buwahahahahaahaha! 😃

Oh, man, THAT’S funny! A Catholic institution of higher learning, making its professors get mandatums!

Buwhahahahaha!

Stop, your killing me!

It looks like this thread is dead, but I just happened on it. One thing wrong with this that St. Benadette’s body is not at Lourdes, but is at Nevers, France. This is the town where she lived as a religious and died there. Callie:blessyou: 🙂

You shouldnt be doing this here.This is not right:banghead: :mad:

DominvsVobiscvm wrote:
You know, I’ve always wondered . . .
If these so-called incorruptions really are miracles from God, then why do these bodies almost invairably start to corrupt once their dug-up and exposed to sunlight? I browsed through Joan Carrol Cruz’s book on the subject, and almost all the bodies in the book look like they’ve experienced corruption.
It’s made me quite cynical about these particular supposed miracles.
I have a great interest in Lourdes and have read quite a bit about it. Bernadette’s body was exhumed and found to be incorrupt with no discoloration or deterioration. Unfortunately, in preparing the body for reburial, the sisters washed it with water (who knows why) and this caused the beginning of discoloration. So, they had a man come in to put a thin layer of wax on her face and hands to try to keep them from corrupting any further. The man said that she skin was a soft and pliant as if she had just died.

Before allowing yourself to become cynical it is worth your while to do a bit of simple research into these things. After all, the Church thoroughly investigated all the circumstances of Bernadette’s life, death, and the things that were done to her body. No one is hiding anything nor is there any reason to believe the Church needs to lie about such things. If nothing miraculous had occurred at any point along the way of Bernadette’s story, the Church would not hesitate to tell us about it. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back