M
mwscott
Guest
How is receiving on the hand proof of weaker faith? Are you suggesting that a twenty-year-old, who has received on his or her hand since their first Communion doesn’t believe in the Real Presence, or somehow doesn’t believe “as much” as other Catholics. For that matter, are you suggesting that people who receive on the tongue are better than others? Sure, some people (more than there should be) who receive don’t understand or believe the doctrine but its not our job, or our place to generalize.I would accomodate myself to the faith of weaker brethren, and receive on the hand.
I don’t think anyone should be judging the faith of others based on their actions. I admire the faith plenty of people who receive on the hand. If I was half as pious, or loving, or Christ-like as they are I would be happy.
Let’s not judge, lets just discuss the topic at hand.