The_Reginator
Active member
I was impressed today.
I was running late this afternoon. When I got to church for the Penitential service the parking lot was packed. And the snow was coming down hard!
I often assist at an EF Mass. There is always at least one priest hearing confessions, sometimes right up to the Canon.
At my local, rural OF parish we have only one over-worked priest. Every Advent and Lent there is a Penitential service with a number of local priests hearing confessions.
I didn’t expect to see so many people.
The Sacrament of Penance is still important to people even though it sometimes seems to have become ‘out of fashion’ so to speak.
I was running late this afternoon. When I got to church for the Penitential service the parking lot was packed. And the snow was coming down hard!
I often assist at an EF Mass. There is always at least one priest hearing confessions, sometimes right up to the Canon.
At my local, rural OF parish we have only one over-worked priest. Every Advent and Lent there is a Penitential service with a number of local priests hearing confessions.
I didn’t expect to see so many people.
The Sacrament of Penance is still important to people even though it sometimes seems to have become ‘out of fashion’ so to speak.