C
Cephas1229
Guest
Hello All
This question is addressed to my Catholic brothers and sisters.
I was chatting with a friend (a fellow Catholic) who mentioned some past writings of the Church which said that there is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church. Before I address this issue myself, I thought that I would ask how some of you would answer this. I’ll be seeing him again in the middle of February. Here are some of the quotes he gave me.
Thanks for your help,
Cephas 1229
This question is addressed to my Catholic brothers and sisters.
I was chatting with a friend (a fellow Catholic) who mentioned some past writings of the Church which said that there is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church. Before I address this issue myself, I thought that I would ask how some of you would answer this. I’ll be seeing him again in the middle of February. Here are some of the quotes he gave me.
- FOURTH LATERAN COUNCIL; 1215 AD. ?There is only one, universal Church of the faithful outside with none will be saved.?
- POPE BONIFACE VIII: ?Unam Sanctam? 1302 A.D. ?That there is only one,holy,Catholic and apostolic Church we are compelled by faith to believe and hold, and we firmly believe in her and simply confess her outside whom there is neither salvation nor remission of sins. Furthermore we declare, state, define, that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of all men that they submit to the Roman Pontiff.?
Thanks for your help,
Cephas 1229