Over 4,000 People Shot Across Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

The draconian gun control imposed upon the people of Chicago has been an utter failure.

The national leftists will just double-down on their failed policies.
You can see the same thing with COVID-19 and the failure of mitigation to stop the spread of the corona virus in the face of a widely disseminated spread.
Ultimately, the hallmark of modern leftism is the war with reality. In the December 2020 issue of Hillsdale College’s superb Imprimis , Hillsdale’s President, Larry P. Arnn, wrote an essay comparing Orwell’s 1984 with today’s America. The analogies are chilling. The one that is most damning is the left’s insistence that we abandon reality.
(From here.)

They just double-down on the failure.

They come to an emotional conclusion and work backwards.

Over 4,000 People Shot Across Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago in 2020​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Anthony Vazquez/Chicago Sun-Times via AP, File

AWR Hawkins

21 Dec 2020

Over 4,000 people were shot in Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s (D) Chicago starting January 1, 2020, through to December 16, 2020.

The Chicago Tribune reports the exact figure at 4,005 shooting victims, fatal and non-fatal shootings combined.

A separate body of data from the Tribune lists homicides, noting 744 people were killed January 1, 2020, through December 16, 2020.

Breitbart News reported that 11 people were shot, one fatality, Friday into Saturday morning alone. By Monday morning, ABC 7 / Chicago Sun Times put forward numbers for the entire weekend showing 36 people were shot, six fatality, in Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago . . .

·
Breitbart News
Nov 23

Where are Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in condemning the failed leadership of their fellow Democrat Lori Lightfoot in Chicago? How many bodies must pile up before Democrats will demand accountability for Chicago’s catastrophic Democrat mayor?
https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1330891484275617801?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1330891484275617801|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fpolitics%2F2020%2F12%2F21%2Fover-4000-people-shot-across-mayor-lightfoots-chicago-in-2020%2F

Last edited:
As someone who used to live in central Illinois, the high levels of violence in Democrat controlled Chicago was tragic to see. The problem has been going on for a long time. It doesn’t need to be that way. A company I used to work at in the 90s used to have a few black employees that left the Chicago area due to the violence. I can remember them telling me part of the problem there was the high number of kids being raised without fathers. Without fathers the kids tend to join violent gangs.

One thing I won’t miss about CAF is the need by some posters to make everything political. ‘Democrat-controlled cities’? Most cities are ‘Democrat-controlled’ because more Democrats live in cities. Urban violence is due to gangs fighting other gangs for territory, not being one political party or the other. I’m sure if there were an easy fix for gang violence, it would have been implemented by authorities of whichever party was in office.

Last edited:
I live in the Chicago area. What is not mentioned is that Chicago experiences something like the drug problem in America – lax laws in nearby areas.

There are no guns manufactured in Chicago. Many of the weapons used illegally in the city are due to illegal or repeated purchases in jurisdictions where there are gun show and other methods of little regulation.

I think that it is surely mean-spirited and somewhat inaccurate to blame the gun killings in Chicago to politics.

I think that it is surely mean-spirited and somewhat inaccurate to blame the gun killings in Chicago to politics.
Surely it is more tied to liberal sexual beliefs, and the catastrophic decline of marriage among African Americans. A 70% illegitimacy rate has ruined more lives than guns

urely it is more tied to liberal sexual beliefs, and the catastrophic decline of marriage among African Americans. A 70% illegitimacy rate has ruined more lives than guns
To a person with a hammer, all the world is a nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back