Overcoming masterbation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luke-t
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luke-t

Guest
I have been struggling with the sin of lust greatly for the past 4 years. Starting at 16 years old. I am looking for advice in overcoming masturbation? I’ve been able to resist the temptation of pornography these past couple months, but masturbation keeps hitting. I start to lose hope after falling into the sin as it feels almost impossible to overcome. As of now, I’m falling about twice a week… Any young men here that have removed this from their life?
Thanks
 
Last edited:
Welcome to CAF! Please use the search feature while you wait for replies and you will see countless threads on your question.
 
Chains of Freedom: A Uniquely Catholic Antidote to Masturbation contains suggestions you might find helpful.

Masturbation ← reading this may also be helpful to you in different ways, but the last part mentions spiritual direction.

Adoration, Confession, Holy Communion, Holy Water, prayer.

Wherever you tend to commit these sins, keep a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary very close by and imagine Her watching your actions. Would you then commit these with your Blessed Mother in the room with you watching your deed from 2 feet away? ← This may be a good disincentive.

Remember God sees all we think, say and do. ← keeping that in mind may also be a deterrent to committing these acts.

And these may just help you to stop. But if you fail, then know that God sees your efforts to stop, your contrition and sorrow for offending Him and so go to confession. Confession also strengthens you against these sins, providing your will is to sin no more.

Don’t give up. It can be done. Others have met this struggle and been victorious in the battle and overcome this habit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top