Pakistan's parliament urges govt to withdraw envoy from France over Prophet cartoon

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Pakistan’s parliament urges govt to withdraw envoy from France over Prophet cartoon​

Reuters Monday 26 October 2020

Pakistan’s parliament on Monday passed a resolution urging the government to recall its envoy from Paris over the publication of images of the Prophet Mohammad in France, accusing President Emmanuel Macron of “hate-mongering” against Muslims.

The National Assembly resolution, which is non-binding, came hours after the French ambassador in Islamabad was summoned to the foreign office for Pakistan to register its protest.

The developments were the latest expression of anger in the Muslim world over France displaying images of the Prophet Mohammad that Muslims consider blasphemous.
Forum thread from 2012:
40.png
France bans protests over Prophet Mohammad cartoons World News
From Reuters: France confirmed on Friday it would allow no street protests against cartoons denigrating Islam’s Prophet Mohammad that were published by a French magazine this week. Interior Minister Manuel Valls said prefects throughout the country had orders to prohibit any protest over the issue and crack down if the ban was challenged. “There will be strictly no exceptions. Demonstrations will be banned and broken up,” he said. The Jerusalem Post adds the following: Police were on h…
So, this little furor continues. They persecute Christians in Pakistan, I’d remind everyone. I am not into disrespecting anyone’s faith or culture either.

I will see what French things I can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back