Some time ago I was under the impression that since the doctrine of papal infallibility was established the Pope has only spoken infallibly on two occasions, once to set forth the dogma of the Immaculate Conception and again to set forth the dogma of the Assumption.
Then I joined CAF and noticed that people are always saying on here that Pope so-and-so infallibly said this or that and it’s not referring to the Immaculate Conception or the Assumption.
Recently I read this Canon Law Made Easy blog post. The blog is quite good and reliable, and the post restates what I originally thought, namely that Popes have only spoken infallibly twice since papal infallibility was declared.
http://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2011/02/17/when-does-the-pope-speak-infallibly/
So what’s up with people claiming all kinds of other things are infallible statements of a Pope, when they apparently aren’t? Unless another event of infallibility has happened since 2011 that I missed?