Parent & Ex-Vet Barred From Student''s Class

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

A leading critic of a Washington State school district’s program on the World War II-era internment of Japanese Americans has been barred from all district property in what he calls “an attempt to punish and silence” him.

James Olson, a 30-year veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard, was stopped by police at Sakai Middle School last week as he attempted to attend a classroom presentation with his 6th-grade child on the 1940s internment of local Japanese American residents of Bainbridge Island, west of Seattle.

Two hundred twenty-seven Japanese-American residents of Bainbridge Island were moved to the Manzanar internment camp in California’s Mojave Desert by the U.S. Army.

“The class was part of this … 13-session controversial curriculum, and the day’s 90 minute presentation was Japanese American speakers, some of whom were elderly, sweet and honest chroniclers of their experiences,” says Olson. "However others of the 14 speakers were speakers who hit the kids on the head with the fact the U.S. ran concentration camps for the Japanese which were illegal, squalid and equal to the real concentration camps.

“Had I been able to attend as the quiet guest in the back of the classroom, I would have been able to help my daughter process the presentations later that night.”

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42831

The school administrators were so imtent on rewriting WW II History that they called the Police to prevent a U.S. Vet from coming on the campus. What does that say about the school administrators.

Just let the truth come out. If that Coast Guard Vet had been telling a lie, he would have been found out. The school was obviously more interested in what they want to say than the truth.

I know three families of Japanese-Americans and their children. Not one ever had a negative thing to say about that era.

Bigger issue for me is that they didn’t let a parent attend his own child’s class. As long as proper notice is given to the school and the individulal makes it through the metal detector 😉 any parent should have an absolute right to observe their children’s classes. He wasn’t trying to even make a counter-statement. He was there to protect his OWN child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back