Parish priest critiques JP2

• Thread starter Thread starter davy39
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davy39

Our diocese publishes a newspaper every two weeks here in Toledo, Ohio. The last issue was dedicated to the memory of John Paul 2. In it, our priest published the following: “The Pope often spoke of the right to life of each individual. “But there is no other right that so closely affects the very existence of the person” (Crossing the threshold of Hope). I would offer the following critique. He did not advance women or married clergy. He often chose to ignore groups of bishops in particular areas, using people he favored instead.” Our priest also said about the same thing within hours of the Popes death, during the homily. My question is, isn’t this being disrespectful of JP2, and especially so, since it was published in the diocese newspaper? Or am I being oversensitive again? I don’t think he has any right to criticize the Pope in public, just to try to advance his own personal agenda, which evidently having women priests, and married clergy. He is retiring on July 1. Maybe our new priest will be more conservative. I hope and pray that he is.

40.png
davy39:
My question is, isn’t this being disrespectful of JP2, and especially so, since it was published in the diocese newspaper? Or am I being oversensitive again? I don’t think he has any right to criticize the Pope in public, just to try to advance his own personal agenda, which evidently having women priests, and married clergy. He is retiring on July 1. Maybe our new priest will be more conservative. I hope and pray that he is.
You should probably report this. WE had a mass of celebration last night and again today for the new Pope. We also spoke highly of Pope Paul II when we prayed at mass for him. No matter what the priest thought personally, that should never have been said. If it is a diocese problem, then reporting it to you Bishop would be a start, and then perhaps so above them. You do need new priests…

40.png
davy39:
Our diocese publishes a newspaper every two weeks here in Toledo, Ohio. The last issue was dedicated to the memory of John Paul 2. In it, our priest published the following: “The Pope often spoke of the right to life of each individual. “But there is no other right that so closely affects the very existence of the person” (Crossing the threshold of Hope). I would offer the following critique. He did not advance women or married clergy. He often chose to ignore groups of bishops in particular areas, using people he favored instead.” Our priest also said about the same thing within hours of the Popes death, during the homily. My question is, isn’t this being disrespectful of JP2, and especially so, since it was published in the diocese newspaper? Or am I being oversensitive again? I don’t think he has any right to criticize the Pope in public, just to try to advance his own personal agenda, which evidently having women priests, and married clergy. He is retiring on July 1. Maybe our new priest will be more conservative. I hope and pray that he is.
If I were you, I would have nothing to do with this chronicle. If this priest shows no intention on changing, inform your bishop immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back