O
Owari
Guest
Hello.
I am a catholic with all my heart
I want to ask some prists, scholars or theologians, not from people who give a mere opinion.
From what I understand,
With some (name removed by moderator)ut from medical prespective, people who are sick and dying, are subject to choose whether to save herself or her also dying babies.
This troubles me a lot, as the impression will mostly lead all to choose the wife (because they think the wife is more valuable in the family life compared to the baby) even when the doctor say the chance of survival is 50 50.
I remember hearing a saint who gave up her life for her 3rd? Child. Although she had the chance to abort it.
I am not trying to offend any women, but i thought the cathecism also talks that it is immoral to sacrife one life to save another person, where both are not subject to condemnation at all. If they want to sacrifice themselves, it is great! Jesus said that the greatest love one can give is to give their life. Utilitarian concept is another case, but not for 2 abortion case.
I always thought that failing to love is not align with God’s love.
If the Church make a lady who gave herlife for her child a big saint, so that she could be a roll model, why would we permit catholic to choose whether or not they should live and kill the little baby who never say yes to sacrifice themselves for the mother.
Sometimes the situation might even switch from the severity of the baby, to the mother that would die while the baby soon gained its health
In fact the love of giving life of a mother sometimes could lead to a very deep understanding of love from the children.
Why wont we just pray for a healing and treat both… If one finally dies, we could save the other, if they both die, it is a natural clause and a lot of saints had theit mother died when bearing their siblings.
I think God make everything this way and plan everything beautifully, why in the 21st century, just because we have access to tech, we never see ant mothet loving her kids so much more than herself anymore.
Thanks
Darren
I am a catholic with all my heart
I want to ask some prists, scholars or theologians, not from people who give a mere opinion.
From what I understand,
With some (name removed by moderator)ut from medical prespective, people who are sick and dying, are subject to choose whether to save herself or her also dying babies.
This troubles me a lot, as the impression will mostly lead all to choose the wife (because they think the wife is more valuable in the family life compared to the baby) even when the doctor say the chance of survival is 50 50.
I remember hearing a saint who gave up her life for her 3rd? Child. Although she had the chance to abort it.
I am not trying to offend any women, but i thought the cathecism also talks that it is immoral to sacrife one life to save another person, where both are not subject to condemnation at all. If they want to sacrifice themselves, it is great! Jesus said that the greatest love one can give is to give their life. Utilitarian concept is another case, but not for 2 abortion case.
I always thought that failing to love is not align with God’s love.
If the Church make a lady who gave herlife for her child a big saint, so that she could be a roll model, why would we permit catholic to choose whether or not they should live and kill the little baby who never say yes to sacrifice themselves for the mother.
Sometimes the situation might even switch from the severity of the baby, to the mother that would die while the baby soon gained its health
In fact the love of giving life of a mother sometimes could lead to a very deep understanding of love from the children.
Why wont we just pray for a healing and treat both… If one finally dies, we could save the other, if they both die, it is a natural clause and a lot of saints had theit mother died when bearing their siblings.
I think God make everything this way and plan everything beautifully, why in the 21st century, just because we have access to tech, we never see ant mothet loving her kids so much more than herself anymore.
Thanks
Darren