Patron Saints of Modern Day Causes

  • Thread starter Thread starter joandarc2008
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joandarc2008

Guest
I saw this sight and really liked it.

americancatholic.org/Messenger/Nov2002/Feature2.asp

I think it is amazing that we don’t have things such as a Patron Saint for the internet or those that work with it, etc. I still have been unable to find a Patron Saint for step mothers - which I am. What do you all think of this? What are some things you would like to have a Patron Saint for?
 
Judging from some of the other posts I could also see:

Patron Saints of the:

Unwillingly Single
Non-practicing lawyers
Italian Mother-In-Laws
The Betrothed

What Else
 
There is a patron saint of the internet and computer users, St Isidore

scborromeo.org/saints/isidores.htm
And here is an example of the intervention of St Isidore. The original article was written in 2001 and states that at the time there was no official Patron Saint. The web page you cite is dated 2009 and has cited that St Isidore has full pontificial approval.

So the point still stands- what other modern day causes need Saints - or have Saints that are interesting?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top