Patron Saints

• Thread starter Thread starter HOMEWARD-BOUND
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose St. Catherine of Sienna as my patron Saint when I entered the church this past Easter. I chose her because of her immensely close relationship with God - something I have and will always strive for. I say chose a Saint whom you feel a connection to, a Saint who speaks to you in a sense.

St Ignatius of Loyola for my confirmation name … perhaps because I always felt I was fighting for my Church.

Our Lady of Victories to remind me that the Lord always wins rthe last battle.

My Patron Saint will be Bernadette Soubirous. Why? Because
our lives were very similar with being desperately poor, and both
very sick as children and as an adult. I felt a deep respect for her
when I learned about her as an adult. My mother never had my younger sister and I confirmed. So, I will hopefully be
confirmed this year! ( finally ) My husband’s Patron Saint will
be Cornelius the Centurion. He was the first Bishop of
Ceaserea. The first gentile to be baptized. Since my husband loves military, and Roman history, that will be his choice. Mine is Bernadette as I toild you because of health, and being poor. Not just that, I think she is extraordinary, and so very very pious. I have a deep respect for her and what she went through with her ilness and her life. It is my hope that to someday, see her incorrupt body and to pray at the shrine in Lourdes. That is my goal. My older sister wants to go to Lourdes, and I only hope
that someday, I will have enough money to go with her! My
mom’s Patron Saint is Catherine of Sienna. My younger sister who is not confirmed I have no idea what her decision will be regarding a Patron Saint.

Good post!

40.png
HOMEWARD-BOUND:
I would like to know who your Patron Saint is and how you selected him or her. And any thoughts you may have in selecting a Patron saint.

Thank you !
I always assumed the saint you were named after was your patron. Once I asked which St Thomas I was named for and she said, “All of them, you need it!”
My favorite, and the one I consider my Patron is the Apostle, who I think gets a bum rap as “the doubter”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back