Peace Action for a Sane World

• Thread starter Thread starter strongside
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strongside

A newspaper from a group called Peace Action for a Sane World found its way into our church library.

On the front page was an article by Michael Moore and the giant headline read samething like…10 Reasons Why You Don’t have to Slit Your Wrists.

Another read: The Coalition of the Pss** Off*

There was a picture of a woman with a sign telling the world that
she was very very G* d*** sorry about the election.*

Another article ended with the blessing Oh*******************Sh.

Plus the usual articles saying how the election was stolen.

I’d just like to thank the good Christian who left this with us.

You should indeed thank them – they have shown you what they really think, and now you will know them for what they really are.

40.png
strongside:
A newspaper from a group called Peace Action for a Sane World found its way into our church library.
Welcome to the world of the whackos. From rightist reactionaries to extreme leftists - there are organizations for all of them, and not a few who have learned what desktop publishing is.

The First Amendment is wonderful, what?

40.png
strongside:

On the front page was an article by Michael Moore and the giant headline read samething like…10 Reasons Why You Don’t have to Slit Your Wrists.

Another read: The Coalition of the Pss** Off*

There was a picture of a woman with a sign telling the world that
she was very very G* d*** sorry about the election.*

Another article ended with the blessing Oh*******************Sh.

Plus the usual articles saying how the election was stolen.

I’d just like to thank the good Christian who left this with us.
Honestly those who claim liberalism as a mental disorder are not far from the truth in my experience. I attended a workshop in a church that tends to attract a lot of very liberal folks. Sitting at lunch (this was before the election) I heard people who truly believed their phones were tapped and they were being spied upon because they were working on the Kerry campaign. One reported “mysterious clicks” when he called Maine because the call went to a home in Kennebunkport and thus he was clearly spying on Bush the Elder. These people really believe in the ‘vast right wing conspiracy.’ I just sit quietly and listen. No point in arguing with them

Lisa N

Lisa N:
These people really believe in the ‘vast right wing conspiracy.’ I just sit quietly and listen. No point in arguing with them
I find the same among some, but certainly not all conservatives who really believe in a “vast left-wing conspiracy” that will close all the churches, seize all our Bibles, and impose “communism” on America.

Whackoism is open to everyone on the ends of the political spectrum.

Where I live, the vast majority of people are right-wing, therefore the vast majority of the whackos are right-wing. It just depends on where you are. There are crazies in every extreme, TRUST ME!

40.png
Richardols:
I find the same among some, but certainly not all conservatives who really believe in a “vast left-wing conspiracy” that will close all the churches, seize all our Bibles, and impose “communism” on America.

Whackoism is open to everyone on the ends of the political spectrum.
I don’t see any threats of imposing communism. However I do see an increased pressure to complete secularism and specific attacks on Christianity. I don’t consider it a conspiracy so much as an agenda of a few who get way more than their share of air time. I would personally like to see the ACLU spend its considerable might focused on real civil liberties that are being restricted and quit worrying about a creche in the town square or whether there is a small cross on a city seal. I think that group particularly has its priorities mixed up.

Lisa N

Lisa N:
I don’t see any threats of imposing communism.
Of course not! No one said that you might be one of those “conservatives” who think that the communists are just waiting to take over.
I would personally like to see the ACLU spend its considerable might focused on real civil liberties that are being restricted and quit worrying about a creche in the town square or whether there is a small cross on a city seal. I think that group particularly has its priorities mixed up.
I agree. I generally support what the ACLU does in support of civil liberties, but there are those in it with their own particular agenda and who do nothing more than damage the organization’s reputation and don’t want to see what good they could do if they could get away from their myopia.

The title of that newspaper alone sounds terrible. Such anti-war propaganda has no place with Catholics.

Peace Action for a Sane World is a merger of 2 groups who were against almost everything that resulted in the ending of the cold war. They seem to be on the wrong side again.

40.png
gilliam:
Peace Action for a Sane World is a merger of 2 groups who were against almost everything that resulted in the ending of the cold war. They seem to be on the wrong side again.
“People who KNOW they’re not smart enough to rebuild a carburator think they’re qualified to establish international policy.”

----------- Uncle Herbivore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back