J
jp72
Guest
Has anyone gone to confession, stated your sins to your priest and made a valid Act of Contrition, but was disappointed in the penance you received? I went a couple weeks back and confessed my sins and one was at least a mortal sin. I thought the penance I received was not enough. I had been feeling bad all week and was looking foward to go to confession and I ended up feeling that the end result didn’t make me feel better. Now don’t get me wrong I am happy that I was absolved of my sins. I respect the priest in my parish immensely. I just felt like I should have done more for my penance. This might be my general attitude on life. I am pretty hard on myself. So I feel that I need to be punished for the things I do wrong. A question I have is it wrong to do more then what your priest tells you to do for your penance? Let me elaborate. If one is told to say one Our Father and a Hail Mary but they pray more then thay were told too?
Peace
JP
Peace
JP